Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Good charger

Old 11-11-2018, 07:17 PM
Minkis815

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good charger

I have a Hitec X2 AC Plus and looking to upgrade. It only charges up to 10A and discharges at 5A. Looking for something with more juice! I will be running an external power supply. Trying to get away from the entry level chargers. Been racing many years and never really had a good quality charger. Although I love my Hitec, it recently stopped charging my batteries fully. I have the voltage cut off set at 4.25v per cell, but when I put a meter on it, I can’t get anything over 4.18v. And it fluctuates from 4.16-4.18v. Not where it should be. So, that being said, looking to step it up this year and get some quality stuff. Any advice helps! Thanks in advance.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:16 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I think you will be needing separate power supply and charger setup. Without knowing the particulars of your needs, I'd start looking here...
https://www.progressiverc.com/chargi...sc&order=price
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...e-charger.html
https://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-A...406_page1.html
If I had the extra cash to spend, I'd be looking at one of the iChargers. Since that is not gonna happen, I'd put my money on one of them Turnigy Reaktors. I'm sure others will stop by and offer their thoughts.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:44 PM
Minkis815

Leaning towards the iCharger X6. It’s conpact and I like the display and ease of use. Also has an auto save feature I like. I need it to be extremely accurate as my last charger read .05v lower than it actually was. Didn’t actually notice till I went to tech inspection before a race. I was glad to see a response including it.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:50 PM
nomis38

I've always wanted an iCharger, just never pulled the trigger, guys I used to fly with all used them and had nothing but good things to say. I to am running what I'd call entry level, but am super happy with them, I use 150w 10amp chargers for $50 each off amazon.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:31 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by nomis38
I've always wanted an iCharger, just never pulled the trigger, guys I used to fly with all used them and had nothing but good things to say. I to am running what I'd call entry level, but am super happy with them, I use 150w 10amp chargers for $50 each off amazon.
Are you using the HTRC C150 charger?
Old 01-06-2019, 01:58 PM
nomis38

Originally Posted by RustyUs
Are you using the HTRC C150 charger?
Yes I have two of them, one touch screen and one not.

Here is a review I did on them,
Old 04-11-2019, 10:52 PM
Carloss9400

I am using this one. It is very easy to use and reliable
imax b6 charger.
​​​​​​