Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Boost Bottles

Old 09-27-2003, 10:13 PM
CenRacerToronto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost Bottles

Are these boost bottles over hyped or do they actually improve your acceleration/mid as high as claimed? What have you guys experienced with them when it comes to those to variables? Also which Boost bottle is best for a .16 engine?

Also what kind of proformance increase can I expect by changing my Flywheel?
Old 09-28-2003, 08:22 AM
Lasershop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Boost Bottles

Everything is a lot of hype. A boost bottle will smooth out your powerband at low and
midrange acceleration. If you ever ran your car with no air cleaner you would have
noticed a lot of fuel spitting out of the carb. The boost bottle provides not only a
temporary storage area for that situation, but also provides an "on tap"
supply of mixture when it is needed. At higher RPM's it equalizes pressure and is basically ineffective. Check the web for info on how 2 stroke motorcycles use
boost bottle technology. Location of the bottle is important also. If it is mounted
too low it wont do anything. Units Ive seen mounted on the back of the crankcase
seem useless according to how they are used in real motorcyle racing. Maybe they
do a little, but not enough to be considered a real performance enhancment. As far
as a two stroke goes, the pipe is everything.

Hope this helped, Ron