Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Tell me what to buy lol

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 08:36 PM
The Saylors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me what to buy lol

So I've been out of the hobby for two years and some of my stuff didn't survive. I own an rc8.2e and a brushless slash. The things i need to replace are:
2x 2s batteries or a 4s
a 4 port charger.
I really appreciate any input. I will be a heavy user of these items so the tougher the better, I'm happy to pay more for quality and longevity.
Old 06-23-2019, 10:12 PM
vegas7o2

im getting back in and have nothing not even a soldering iron i need a whole slew of crap,

in any case I just browsed hobbytown website - it seems now the batteries are all pre packed? and much more expensive? - have the days of soldering cells together on your own seen their time go?

that was a little discouraging, that type of thing made the sport a lot more fun(at least I thought)
Old 06-24-2019, 03:53 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by The Saylors
So I've been out of the hobby for two years and some of my stuff didn't survive. I own an rc8.2e and a brushless slash. The things i need to replace are:
2x 2s batteries or a 4s
a 4 port charger.
I really appreciate any input. I will be a heavy user of these items so the tougher the better, I'm happy to pay more for quality and longevity.
Ok, here is my $0.02. I'd buy two dual chargers as I'm that type of person who doesn't put all their eggs in one basket. Do you want AC/DC, or have/want seperate power supply? Also, I don't know what charging rates you plan on doing with 4S packs. Just doing a moderate 2C charge rate on a 5000mAh 4S pack would require one of the more powerful chargers out there.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:45 PM
The Saylors

As with most things in life I prefer to be over powered rather than under powered. The reason I wanted a 4 slot charger is that my new shop literally has two outlets so power management is critical. My current batteries are 2x reaction brand 2s 20c 5000mah with a 3c charge rate (used in the 8.2e) and 2x 3s 25c 5000mah traxxas soft packs (used for everything else). One of each battery type failed in storage so I need to replace them with as good or better packs but I'm too far out of touch with the hobby to make an educated decision. As for ac or DC I'm not really sure how that relates to the batteries, the charger would be run off of a standard ac outlet.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:36 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

I never had any luck with running packs in series, you'll get longer pack life and longer run times with a single 4S pack, more info here:
SMC - LVC Adjustments and Packs in Series