Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New to hobby need a little help

Old 08-05-2019, 05:39 PM
Unholysinz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to hobby need a little help

So I just recently got into the hobby. I got my hands on a pre owned rc10gt. It's missing the body and I was thinking of upgrading the frame. I found out from my local hobby shop that this truck is a vintage and part availability is rare. If I were to but a new frame would i be able to use the existing servos and engine or would the mounting points be off. Any tips would be appreciated.
Old 08-08-2019, 08:55 AM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I've still got two GTs. I don't find parts particularly hard to find. They're all over e bay. If you're changing out the black tub chassis for the blue flat one you'll need to get a new motor mount. There's a difference between the pull start and non pull start motor mount so you'll have to be aware of that. the pull start mount is about 1/16" taller to clear the pull start. It's been a long time since I've switched mine but I think the rest is pretty much just switching everything to the new chassis. There's different blue chassis lengths. The factory chassis is a little longer than the rtr chassis. They both mount everything the same, though. I like these old trucks. Edit Just remembered you'll need to get a set of nose tube mounts, too. https://www.rcdocuments.com/document...0GT_Manual.pdf

Last edited by Big Alice; 08-08-2019 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:06 AM
Jacampb2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got several rc-10s as well. As far as I can tell parts are still widely available for them. My first one I got a few years ago was literally a basket case. I had the chassis and a bucket of parts. I was able to order everything which was missing from team associated and the prices were more than reasonable. I've found that in most cases if something for it was discontinued, I was able to find compatible parts from a more recent model.

I also designed a 3d printable mid motor mount to convert the nitro car to 540 size motor. You can find it for free on thingiverse. My username is jacampb2 on there.

You can put about any 10th scale body on them. I have a cheap redcat racing body on the one I play with the most. The rc-10 is one of my favorite cars. The thing had proven to be almost indestructible!

Good luck,
Jason

Last edited by Jacampb2; 08-10-2019 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Spelling