Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Wheelchair user advice appreciated.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 11:23 AM
Buzzon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheelchair user advice appreciated.

Good evening,

I'm very interested in buying my first proper Rc car and would appreciate some advice and help. As the title indicates I use a wheelchair due to a rare neurological condition. This condition affects my legs & I have limited dexterity in my hands. Based on these factors I was wondering could you guys shortlist or recommend cars that may suit my needs.? I will try and outline what I'm searching for;;

Budget -£500-£600

I will be using the car / truck on short grass 90% of the time. I would like something which is quite durable and take a bashing, I'm unsure between petrol or electric however I assume electric would be easier to live with. I will usually have friends with me, so size and weight shouldn't be an issue. Finally I would like a model that doesn't wheely all the time and something my daughter age 10 could enjoy driving. I like the look of the arrma range, however as I'm only researching and trying to learn a bit I'm completely open to all suggestions. I really look forward to hearing from you in advance.....

Thanks Tony
Old 08-27-2019, 04:27 PM
ican3d

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

With such budget you can get lines of TRAXXAS models, they are very durable, lots of spare parts in the market and definitely goes over the grass since most of their 4x4 trucks have high undercarriage clearance. Stock controller can trim the speed limit down so youngster age 10 can drive safely. Electric is way to go since they are clean, easy to setup, powerful (brushless motor), less maintenance and more room of possibilities for future upgrades.

Last edited by ican3d; 08-27-2019 at 04:30 PM.