Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Help understanding Futaba compatible rx’s

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Help understanding Futaba compatible rx’s

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 05:29 PM
stevens4x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help understanding Futaba compatible rx’s

Hi. I have a Futaba tx. 3PM-MX and a lot of different rtr cars/trucks I’ve collected over the past 30 years. This Tx is great and I’d like to consolidate a couple of cars to just one controller. But the rx is $80-90 which is crazy. Can anyone tell me how to know what receivers would work with it? I’ve googled and found a few maybe I’ll link below that have FASST. Also, could I just use a plane rx? The prices are lower on Futaba’s air receivers. Thank you much!

https://www.amainhobbies.com/futaba-...tk2021/p158961

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/catalogs...t%20compatible

Old 11-18-2019, 10:10 AM
DaveHickey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All you have to do is look for a is an RX that has at least the number of channels that you want to use and is a 2.4gig, FASST compatible receiver.
any channels beyond what your TX puts out signals for just ignore. Plane or surface makes no difference in 2.4 Gig. You might look at the antenna
arrangement, I know that some of my surface RXes for my FHSS radios have internal antennas to make them more convenient to set up in a car
or boat. I have had good results with some of the HK compatible receivers. You might also check out Motion RC, I think they might have some
compatible RXes.

D.H.
Old 11-20-2019, 04:22 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

A lot of the FASST compatible Rx will have in the description if it's for surface use as well.

I can't give up my 3PM either.

REDCON FT4R Ultra Light 4CH FASST Compatible Receiver