Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Has anybody done a thread on a HSP flying fish RC car before? about steering angles

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Has anybody done a thread on a HSP flying fish RC car before? about steering angles

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 06:57 PM
TormentRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anybody done a thread on a HSP flying fish RC car before? about steering angles

Hi I have a HSP Flying Fish RC car don't know what model because the instructions are vague. I am trying to setup good steering angle, so far not going 100% because the steering still slacks. Trying to achieve bigger steering angle to help my controlling whilst I learn how to powerslide properly and maintain it I have also put sakura d3 steering extenders on the links to help my steering links but am struggling to achieve more steering angle.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:13 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Since your post about the Flying Fish, I've learned that it's more or less a TC RC platform that is used in many Exceed, Redcat, and HSP RCs. Sometimes a platform has design limitations. I do believe this is the case for the Flying Fish. A few reviews that I've seen/read state that the HSP Flying Fish is very interested in catching the eyes of beginning RC drifting enthusiasts. One review stated it was a very poor handling RC..." I really have never driven a worse handling drift car." But, in the hands of a new hobbyist, lots of drifting fun can be had. If I was wanting characteristics of a "true" drifting RC platform, I'd just research and buy a well known competitive drifting RC. Many times a person will spend time, and $$$, trying to make an entry level RC become something great.

A Dremel tool can enhance a few things in the Fish's steering dept., but the overall design is very limiting. I also don't know your whole setup. Tire choice could be a big problem. I could be wrong 'cause I don't have the RC in front of me. Drifting is, basically, out of my league, but I've gone searching for a good drifting RC many times.

I joined a drifting forum in my search for a good low budget drifter. Since then, I chose to only throw dirt for now.

Hopefully you will get what you are after.

Last edited by RustyUs; 12-09-2019 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:30 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by TormentRC
... sakura d3 ...
You are so on the right track IMO.