Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

new guy!again

Old 03-29-2020, 12:31 PM
lance0206

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new guy!again

I use to be into RC back in the day, I use to build them and upgrade them.After 4 years I want to get back in it and just wondering whats the best ones out there is?the budget ones? cars,trucks,truggies.
I have extensive knowlege on the subject just dont know where to jump back in at? Im sure the market has changed drastically since. Im familar with all the name brands out there.I think my last RC was a knockoff to the mini 8 but it compared good.looking for recommendations
Old 03-29-2020, 07:12 PM
skurtzicus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey welcome back to the community! first we got to know what exactly you want to do. For instance do you want to build, bash, race etc. also what kind of rc are you into most (its easier to work with types you like) off road, on road, rally etc. then we can narrow down your options and help you choose what's right for you. You must already know about traxxas who makes all kinds of amazing rc's from on road to off. Those rc's have good upgrades that are easy to find and you can do a lot with them. But if you want a pure on road or drifter everyone recommends the yokomo or mst rc's , i'm planning on getting one myself somewhere down the line.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:26 AM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

ARRMA has been the hot company lately that I see most bashers give really high praise for.... if you want to build a kit, then TEKNO has been the top choice among bashers as well. Welcome back!
Old 04-17-2020, 09:31 PM
funcentric

+1, we really need to know how you plan to use it in order to make a good recommendation. I'm not allowed to post links just yet b/c I'm new to the forum, but you can check the thread I started about RC cars for Dads. I'm kinda in the same boat except my last RC before this year was in 1998, HPI RS4 Pro 2 which people are calling "vintage" now. Hahah!

If you're into knockoffs, the HS 13801/13802 is a good one under $50 shipped. For a few more bucks, you might actually want the Haiboxing 18858 (truggy version) or 18859E (pickup truck version). WL Toys 144001 is something to look at if you're really into modifying. Lots of parts support for that RC.
Old 05-10-2020, 10:46 AM
lance0206

mainly looking for RTR trucks,buggies.
Old 05-17-2020, 02:02 PM
Greenvaterra

Welcome!
Old 05-24-2020, 08:56 PM
funcentric

Originally Posted by lance0206
mainly looking for RTR trucks,buggies.
The most popular budget buggy right now is the WL Toys 144001. There's a big modding community with lots of parts support but just be aware the pitch on the pinion/spur gear is 0.7mod which is very rare and pretty much impossible to find other than in 15T, 17T and 27T. Lots of good parts on that thing for less than $100. Downside is the 7 minute run time.
The following users liked this post:
lance0206 (05-25-2020)
Old 05-31-2020, 06:14 AM
Tr0

Hello GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! hELLO TO eVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi my name is George but you can call me TR0 not with O but with 0 (zero).
I have an old RC track of road model !!! I would like to come in contact with people to fix my RC and exchange information. I used to be really into it when i was a teenager back in late 90s but i did a big break.
I wish to become an active member of the community and find people that they can help me and also help them back !!!