Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Kraton 8s

Old 04-05-2020, 11:02 AM
tazzzz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kraton 8s

Iím really interested in purchasing the 8s kraton but my concern is the chassis...seems a little weak on the rear,,,not enough meat to handle this heavy truck,,Iíve seen a lot of videos where the chassis bends this expensive part,,,,Iím hoping they will come out with an upgraded chassis,,,,( I kind of think they will like they do with all their vehicles),,,,also what extra size tools are needed to work on this truck,,looks like I need larger hexes to work on this unit .. Iím mostly concerned about the chassis more than anything else.... Iíd be glad to pay the extra for it. The m2c chassis is IMHO. is the way to go....thanks guys
Old 04-10-2020, 05:38 AM
Fman515

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tough one.

I have a x maxx but my coworker recently purchased the 8s Kraton. The Kraton turns better and is more stable than a stock x maxx but he is scared to go big for the same reason as you stated. The chassis looks and has been proven to be weak. If you are going to drop 150+ for a chassis then IMO you are better off with the Losi DBXL-E or upgrading an x-maxx.

if you are looking to bash... big air, flips and carnage. I would go x maxx.

if you want to race and do smaller, smooth jumps go Kraton.

if you want a little of both donít sleep on the DBXL-E 2.0.

All my opinion. They are all great options and a lot of fun. Anything can and will be broken from time to time.

look around for used deals. Thatís what I did for my x-maxx.