Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Vaterra SlickRock Barely Moves

Old 04-12-2020, 05:00 PM
PortalSam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vaterra SlickRock Barely Moves

Does anyone know why my SlickRock crawler is having trouble moving? I rebuilt and greased the transmission and it looked fine (I might have overlooked something though) and I played with the slipper clutch but I can't seem to find the root of the problem. Also, when I turn the wheels manually, there feels like there is a lot of friction. When I press the throttle the spur and pinion spin but when there is a little bit of resistance (grass, uphill) the driveshafts don't spin.
Old 04-13-2020, 10:08 AM
RustyUs

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I thought the Slickrock had three locked diffs. Anyway, I'd start by disconnecting the motor to see how freely things move.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:03 AM
PortalSam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're right, there are 3 locking diffs. I can't get the motor and pinion out since I don't have a small enough allen key (the smallest I have is 0.050in.) but when I take off the spur it spins much more freely and easily. The motor is a cheap one that has been in it for a few years that the person I bought it from installed, so perhaps it is the motor.

Last edited by PortalSam; 04-13-2020 at 11:58 AM.