Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Building a Tamiya TT-01E, advice needed

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Building a Tamiya TT-01E, advice needed

Old 04-27-2020, 11:21 AM
3Jean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building a Tamiya TT-01E, advice needed

Good afternoon,
First post here. New to RC, I have a Trxs Rustler and I'm thinking about getting a touring car for some casual driving around/racing (once this pandemic is passed). Here's what I'm thinking of going with:
Tamiya TT-01E HKS Skyline R32 kit w/ motor & ESC
Radiolink RC4GS xmit & rcvr
Bearing Kit
Aluminum driveshaft setup
Savox SC-0252MG servo

Looking to keep the costs down as much as possible and still get a half-way decent driver. Any thoughts or recommendations would be most appreciated!
Thanks!
Old 04-28-2020, 06:30 AM
bill_delong

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I own a TT-01E myself and I'm not very impressed with the quality, there are so many things wrong I don't know where to start, but the major deal breakers for me are no sealed diffs and no oil filled shocks, just those 2 things alone should make you consider something better for the same price.

If I was going to build a cheap touring kit for myself today, I would get the Sakura Advance which is still low quality compared to true race grade options, but light years ahead of the junk that Tamiya is seling:
https://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?...E#.Xqg9U6hKjRY
The following users liked this post:
3Jean (04-29-2020)
Old 04-29-2020, 06:20 AM
3Jean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Bill,
Thanks for the response. Not a lot of choices in my price range, so I think I'm going to go with the Tamiya and throw on some Yeah Racing dampers and an aluminum drive shaft. That Sakura chassis looks pretty nice, so I may go that way down the road.
Best
John