Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Electronics for Team Losi XXT

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 01:47 PM
Reatomico

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronics for Team Losi XXT

Hello,

I built a Team Losi XXT in the 90’s when I was in high school. I think I bought it in 1997 or so. I want to upgrade the electronics, motor, ESC, Battery etc., In order to get it running for my son to play with, but I don’t know what I need to get because it is an older model. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2020, 04:05 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi realtomico to help you out to go into a brushless system a little sensored , esc hobbywing quicrun 10 bl 80a , a motor 17.5 turn , steering servo savox or protec , battery 2s lipo battery , now a new lipo battery charger and a new radios and receiver for the
new system for your 1/10 scale Losi XXT not shure if old radio system will work with new system , ,you might just buy a whole new 1/10 truck 2 wd or 4 wd like a traxxas system ok mugey
The following users liked this post:
Reatomico (06-15-2020)
Old 06-13-2020, 04:05 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

I used to have a Duratrax Evader which was a clone/rebrand of the XXT, here's what I would recommend:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Car-Part...EAAOSwlepetYhr
+
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zeee-50C-2S...0AAOSwiDRd304h
+
Which charger is the best?
+
Which surface radio system is the best?

Last edited by bill_delong; 06-13-2020 at 04:23 PM.
Reatomico (06-15-2020)
Old 06-14-2020, 09:29 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

The ESC/motor combo that bill_delong linked would be a good no bells & whistles choice, and it comes in at an ultra low budget price point. I have to laugh though. You see those combos sold all over, and the sellers do a lousy job of cutting & pasting specs on their products being sold.
Reatomico (06-15-2020)
Old 06-14-2020, 10:19 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Lightbulb

I like what mugeyman said, and I would personally default to Hobbywing products for some quality top picks. Knowing what I know now, I would splurge a little bit more on speed controls and chargers. The Hobbywing Quickrun, and EZRun speed controls are great. Those are what the "no-name" ESCs want to be. Heck, I still have my first Hobbywing 35A EZRun (from 2010?) in my RC10T4.3 stadium truck. That thing has been abused, and still amazes me that it still works.

I don't know that there is an 80A Quicrun ESC, and the 60A 10BL60 would be plenty for a 2wd stadium truck. For ease, and simplicity of things, I would go with a sensorless combo purchased from Hobbywing directly. I wanted an EZRun 3656 motor for my mini 4wd truggy, but they were discontinued, and replaced with the EZRun 3652 G2 motors.
I have to say, those EZRun 3652 G2 motors are stinkin' great. Lots of torque.
Reatomico (06-15-2020)
Old 06-14-2020, 07:12 PM
Reatomico

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your help! I got the hobbywing ESC and motor that you recommended, Savox servo, 2s LiPo battery, charger, and I bought a cheep controller. Hopefully it all works!