Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Arrma Granite 4x4 BLX

Old 08-07-2020, 02:49 AM
Pacman9111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arrma Granite 4x4 BLX

Hello there.
I just bought one of the above(Arrma Granite 4x4 BLX), and found, like so many others, that the new "great" spectrum stx2, was not so great after all. So it is now replaced with an FG-RS3 transmitter / receiver. So far so good.
However, I experience other annoying little things that I need your help with.
1. When the car stops and you just push the accelerator to the bottom, then it takes a fraction of a second before it even starts to drive, and then it does not just explode, it starts a little slow and then shoots off ... I have previously had an Arrma Kraton 6S with Tactix remote, and it just went off as soon as you asked for it, no delay there ... is it the ESC that has been downgraded to something "worse "? I have reset the Throttle trim and tried to set the punch setting up to 5, but no result in that.
2. I have a hard time getting it adjusted so that it runs straight, ie, I can do it, but in 20 meters, it pulls a little again, either way .... Servo weak? Was also not a problem on my former Kraton.
3. Does not immediately seems like the tires have a lot of control, it slides easily out / around, so when you drive on solid ground, you turn, and then it slides completely around and stops the opposite way ... Is the new tire needed, or something needs to be changed in setup (default pt)
I Really hope you have some good advice, and maybe also ideas for upgrade parts, if necessary, as this is the third forum i have tried to get answers, but dont seem anybody have any answers there.

Old 08-08-2020, 06:44 AM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

1) Try re-calibrating the ESC, also verify that the throttle trim is set to 0 and be very careful not to adjust the throttle trim after you have calibrated or that may cause your issue which may require you to re-calibrate again
2) Does it track straight when going slow? There is a concept called "torque steer" which is a natural phenomena for an over powered system, this problem grows exponentially worse with large MT wheels that balloon and make it very difficult to control, this is the nature of a MT design. If you are doing speed runs on a street, then I recommend installing GT8 wheels which won't balloon and will minimize torque steer. Not sure if you have an adjustable servo saver on this car, if so then try tighten it down, also check for loose steering (slop) in your links, screws, etc. the slightest amount of slop will grow exponentially by the time the travel gets to the wheels!
3) Tires are the single most important tuning aspect and generally most brands of RTR's have pre-selected a tire that they predict will work for most conditions, but the reality is that you need a different set of tires for each surface you will be running...

Street tires should be medium compound with flat treat pattern to get more contact patch surface
Drift tires should be hard compound slicks
Dirt tires should be a soft compound with square pins to dig into the dirt to get more contact patch surface
Turf tires should be a soft compound with a spiked pins to dig deep into the grass to maximize contact patch
Sand tires should be hard compound paddles...

Basically you need to use the right weapon for the job.... never bring a knife to a gunfight

Last edited by bill_delong; 08-08-2020 at 06:52 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Pacman9111 (08-12-2020)