Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Car isn’t working properly

Old 08-20-2020, 04:11 PM
thejester1975

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car isn’t working properly

Hi all. First time poster, and also know very little about rc cars, so please be gentle. And I hope this is the right place to post.

I have an HBX car. (Side note, I have no idea what the model is as I can’t find any other markings except HBX on the underside of the car). Looks like a race car and it’s very low to the ground. I bought it a few years ago and played for a while, then left it in a cupboard. Want to sell it now, so charged the battery to test it. It wasn’t a cheapie toy car.

Seems there’s a few issues:

1. when I switch the car on, it does random things like the wheels go forward and backwards and turn left and right (remote isn’t on yet).
2. When I switched the remote on outside to test the running of the car, the car didn’t seem to do the random movement thing as much, however, it would not seem to go in reverse. Forward was fine, as was turning. Reverse either didn’t work, or would randomly work, staggering, or very slow.
3. There is a “digital controller” that has a flashing red LED. Is this normal? There’s a “setup” button next to the LED. No idea what I do with this.
4. Remote has a broken antennae. The top section has broken off. Will this possibly cause some of these issues?

so, am I wasting my time trying to sell it? Basic fix? Help!
Old 08-21-2020, 12:10 PM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

You have to turn the transmitter on before you turn on the car. Turn the car off before you turn off the transmitter. Don't know if that's what's causing your problem but it's important to have the transmitter on whenever the car is on.. The broken antenna might reduce the range but it should still control the car when it's near you.
The following users liked this post:
Spechal (09-15-2020)
Old 08-21-2020, 05:16 PM
thejester1975

Thanks for the reply. Will try that out
Old 08-28-2020, 06:16 AM
mayathegreat

This is really helpful