Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Burning up throttle servos

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 11:59 AM
sanctified_one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burning up throttle servos

Hi guys I've been burning up throttle servos. It first happened in my mugen mbx8 the reciever is a futaba R304sb and the radio futaba 4pm, the batttery for radio is a flat venom 7.4v 2400 lipo and the battery for the reciever is a flat reedy 7.4v 2400 lipo.
The servo for throttle is savox 1267sg and steering is savox 1268sg, ok that is one.

So I switched the radio to my other vehicle kyosho strr evo2 running the same exact servos for both throttle and steering and again my throttle servo stop working completely no glitching, no movement, nothing. I am running a futaba R334sbs reciever and using the same futaba 4pm radio for all my vehicles with the same flat venom 7.4v 2400 lipo battery in it. Also running a venom 1600 6volt nimh battery for the reciever and again my throttle servo died smelt the casing of both of these servos that failed and they smelt slightly burnt
CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP I have never ever experienced such a thing. I set the linkage very carefully so there was no noise while at neutral and the end points as well.

So I have a kyosho mp9 rtr with Hitec HS-5585MH on the steering and Hitec HS- 5565MH on the throttle, so again I switched my radio to this vehicle which has in a R304Sb which is powered by a 7.4v 2100rx venom pack and again throttle servo gone. Same car now, pulled out that hitec servo and put in a standard kyosho rtr servo and again throttle servo died. For me the common denominator is the radio and recievers are between R334 and R304. The servos all are supposed to be able to handle the 7.4v i was using but even when i was using 6.6v still burned a throttle servo. So in 3 different vehicles I now have to order throttle servos. Does any one have any ideas what could be going on here?????
Old 12-04-2020, 07:22 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

My guess is the servo is being overstressed - being worked beyond its travel/capability or strained due to binding. Make sure you adjust your endpoints ANYTIME you change servos, and make sure the linkage is butter smooth and freely operational.
Old 12-09-2020, 05:17 PM
sanctified_one

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
My guess is the servo is being overstressed - being worked beyond its travel/capability or strained due to binding. Make sure you adjust your endpoints ANYTIME you change servos, and make sure the linkage is butter smooth and freely operational.
Hi guys I am really sorry its coming into my busiest season of the year I appreciate all your responses many many thanks. In my looking at the problem really it seems like the return springs on both vehicles had too much tension so whenever I was pulling for throttle it would overwork the servos. So I took all my springs off for now until I can get some softer springs from all 4 vehicles, those 2 taught me a hard lesson.
Old 12-13-2020, 05:31 AM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi sanctified one you should try the savox servos never had any problem with them use some stock springs with you servos and a fail safe setup for nitro you can use a 100oz for throttle it just back and forth and brake 175 oz or more for steering ,turning L & R do to the weight of the vehicle. hope i helped mugey
Old 12-13-2020, 05:15 PM
sanctified_one

Thanks mugeyman I am all for savox brand as well just I destroyed 2 of them with the stiff springs