Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

any way to make savage x plant to ground rather then wheelie?

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

any way to make savage x plant to ground rather then wheelie?

Old 04-04-2021, 06:39 PM
rpelich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any way to make savage x plant to ground rather then wheelie?

on my savage x i put in 30 % nitro and I love the more power and the kick the engine has however it wants to wheelie everytime I hit the throttle. I want this truck to apply all the power to the ground and just rip rather then wheelie if that makes sense. Sometimes wheelie are fun but ruins what I want out of the truck.

Is there anything I can do other then tune it more rich? Because if I richen it then I lose performance and it kinda ruins the point of a fast truck that applies all the power to the ground

Thanks!
Old 04-04-2021, 07:47 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can soften the suspension a little and move the shock positions so that it naturally sits closer to the ground. If the spring rates and oil weight are on the heavy side then the suspension doesn't squat during acceleration and if the truck sits higher rather than lower then the high CoG will allow the truck to tip backwards and wheelie. If you can drop it closer to the ground, to lower the CoG, and soften the suspension slightly some of that weight transfer will be absorbed and it will have less of a tendency to lift up. Additionally, you can do what I did with my Savage Flux and install an aftermarket long wheelbase chassis which will further reduce the wheelie tendency.
Old 04-05-2021, 05:17 PM
bill_delong

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I would start with tuning the diffs... what do you have in it now?

What surface condition are you driving on?

Basically go with a thinner center diff to get the front wheels to pull the car and will be less chance to wheelie. Something like 15-10-5 would be a good balance to try, more info here from the HUDY tuning guide: