Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Looking for suggestions for ARR or RTR under $200

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Looking for suggestions for ARR or RTR under $200

Old 06-05-2021, 04:52 AM
nyczalex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for suggestions for ARR or RTR under $200

Hello, I am looking for suggestions to purchase (2) ARR or RTR car/truck ... 1 is for a gift to a 10+ year old.. I listed 10+ age because the gift is for my 10 year old nephew but I would hope he can use it for years to come (maybe 3+)?
And a 2nd choice for me

I am completely new to this hobby and will most likely take a personal interest in this as I always had one .. No experience whatsoever and not the fastest learner imo which is why i'm looking for ARR or RTR ..

I have 2 weeks to find something so hoping for some solid choices that fit the criteria I have in mid..

- 20+ MPH
- decent range
- decent battery
- drifting capability (think it might not be possible as i know these things can get quite expensive) but not necessary as long as it can turn good
- Budget of 200 usd for 1 and 350 usd for another
- For most terrains.. mainly hard bumpy uneven concrete floors (NYC floors) & grassy park areas

P.S any information for newbies would also be appreciated.. What is the average speed RC cars can go up to without extreme modding? What is the average range & battery run-time on these things? Low/Avg/Medium? Easy replacements?

Thank you professionals & enthusiasts !

Last edited by nyczalex; 06-05-2021 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-06-2021, 07:18 PM
bill_delong

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

https://www.nitrorcx.com/51c803-fireyellow-24ghz.html

Here's the review of this truck:

Old 06-07-2021, 12:17 AM
nyczalex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bill_delong View Post

Looking like a great starter for the nephew.. Do you suggest any of the upgrades or stuff I should buy to add on that a first timer would be able to do with no problem? Such as better battery/charger? Thank you !
Old 06-07-2021, 06:14 AM
bill_delong

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Yes.... I am not a fan of NiMh batteries because they take too long to charge and power fade immediately under load. LiPo batteries can be charged 2-3 times faster, have no memory loss and hold punch throughout the discharge cycle and provide more top speed and faster acceleration.

More info here:
Some general tips here as well:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ll-s-Bookmarks

Good Luck!