Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Question about a nitro RC car

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 05:58 AM
RoshaBeli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about a nitro RC car

I just bought my first nitro rc car -- a Traxxas Jato 3.3. I bought it used from an top-rated rc car/parts dealer on ebay who said it was in great running condition. It's on its way in the mail right now, and I'm looking forward to receiving it on Friday.

Since this is my first nitro, I thought I'd ask some questions about maintenance and such. I've seen too many stories of people who get a nitro rc car and ruin it soon after by not handling it correctly. Luckily, since this is used, it was already broken in by an experienced rc enthusiast. That's one less thing I have to worry about.

My question is: what should be my procedure before, during, and after running a nitro car to ensure the longest life and the lowest maintenance?
Old 08-23-2021, 01:36 PM
yatti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm very new to RC Cars but make sure you break in the engine, keep it relatively clean, follow the manual, use the right % fuel(says in the manual), and use the right parts. I feel that is a good start.