Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Gonna get a new truck

Old 09-04-2021, 06:27 PM
loves nitro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gonna get a new truck

Hi all,
its been a very long time since I was here, but Iím getting back into the sport. I had a Traxxas TMaxx and I liked it but sometimes the engine was a hassle so now I wanna get a new truck but this time itís gonna be electric. First off I have no intention of racing it or beating the hell out of it, I just want to have some fun with it in my spare time. I have a $450 limit thatís including batteries, and was thinking either the Stamped or the VLX Stamped with the brushless motor. Thereís a little over $100 difference in price, I know the Stamped with the brushless motor is much faster, but are there any other differences in the two trucks? Iím up in the air about both trucks so any advice will be greatly appreciated
thanks ,
Paul
Old 09-05-2021, 10:02 AM
RustyUs

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

No matter what you choose, I say, go for the more efficient brushless motor right from the get go. A lot of people who start with a brushed motor/ESC will upgrade in a short period of time. Going to the website, and clicking on the details of the two versions would be the easiest way to compare what's included. Difference between the brushed and VXL Stampede models is the electronics... of course. Maybe have a look at some other comparable RCs from Arrma as well...https://www.arrma-rc.com/vehicle-selector.php?power=3s

Last edited by RustyUs; 09-05-2021 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-22-2021, 08:49 AM
rhysfaulknerhere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my new Stampede yesterday and ran it this morning , it’s a nice truck, and I’m gonna be real happy with it. But I couldn’t help thinking about my TMaxx that has been sitting in the poll barn for the past five yrs. So I pulled it out, and it’s pretty dirty from sitting.