Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Arrma ESC keeps rebooting

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2021, 03:27 PM
boaty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arrma ESC keeps rebooting

Ive searched quite a bit but havent found any same issue posts. I have a newer style ARRMA Talion 6s. I have about a dozen batteries thru it. When I power it up, I drive it about 3 seconds and it stalls and then reboots the ESC. I never really lose steering when this happens. Most other posts Ive read lose steering when this happens. So, I replaced the steering servo in hopes that was the problem. I got it all back together and it does the same thing. Drive for 2 or 3 seconds and then it kills but I can still steer. Reboots over and over again.

I hate to drop another $250 on new esc/motor combo when this is this new.
If thats what it takes, Ill do it.

1 more thing I thought is... Could it be the radio/receiver instead? When I 1st reassembled everything after I replaced the servo, I bench tested it and it never rebooted. I this time, I was right next to it with the radio. Could it be, its losing signal when it gets 10" from me and powering down?

PLEASE HELP
Old 11-07-2021, 12:31 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm guessing you don't have a known good ESC to swap in. It's not a good sign if the ESC keeps 'rebooting' like you say. I would try and warranty the ESC.

Last edited by RustyUs; 11-07-2021 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-07-2021, 01:10 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

You were thinking about a possible loss of signal. Normally, a receiver's LED will blink; LED turns red/other color, or it will do something to let you know that the signal has been lost.