Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RCU vs RCTech.net?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2022, 01:31 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

i think that's just a rebodied Yeti (wheels/tires may be different was well) they seem like a decent little vehicle. let me know how it works out for ya
iv never been thrilled with the way my Dromida's drive, they're not bad trucks, just don't have the throttle control id like to have and they have a lot of friction in the driveline. would like to replace them.
Old 10-29-2022, 02:03 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I really liked those little trophy trucks. But I didn't start looking at them til after they were discontinued. Parts do all look almost the same.
I'd been looking for something in 1/18 for my niece, finally decided on that one.
Old 11-25-2022, 06:55 PM
suburban_hooligan

so i just took steps to get myself banned from tech. no more of this shadow banned crap iv been under the last month or so. feeling good about it. like a weight has just been lifted off me
pretty sure im the reason several threads are all jacked up on page count. all my posts and threads were deleted the power i had over at the place was incredible LMAO
Old 11-25-2022, 07:09 PM
Txmustangflyer

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by kistner
I really liked those little trophy trucks. But I didn't start looking at them til after they were discontinued. Parts do all look almost the same.
I'd been looking for something in 1/18 for my niece, finally decided on that one.
Just find you one if these, you'll never want anything else. I got this one as a roller, no body, no motorvation.

Losi Baja Rey (v2) 1/10 scale.
Vitavon front and rear suspension
Mamba x/3200 kv on 4s.
Speedtekrc black edition handling the steering.

Just a few more things to add.
getting a two tire carrier on the rear, and six axespeed beadlocks (2 spares) with Jconcepts belted scts.

Paint is spazstix candy apple red (translucent)
with a Tamiya gloss black backing it. V1 body.

Its fast as hell..for an sct/desert racer. Even with just a 16t mod 1 to the stock center diff gear.

Thinking about flat black on the raw aluminum to keep the blacked out look though...

Last edited by Txmustangflyer; 11-25-2022 at 07:15 PM.
Old 11-25-2022, 07:59 PM
suburban_hooligan

go with a semi gloss copper. dark but still gangsta
Old 11-25-2022, 08:00 PM
Txmustangflyer

Hmm...theres a thought...
Old 11-25-2022, 09:33 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Dang it, stop telling me about new rc's I need, lol.
I'm trying to shop for others and keep coming back to rc's (that I don't really need).

It does look and sound like fun . . . .
Old 11-25-2022, 09:42 PM
Txmustangflyer

Originally Posted by kistner
Dang it, stop telling me about new rc's I need, lol.
I'm trying to shop for others and keep coming back to rc's (that I don't really need).

It does look and sound like fun . . . .
We are s'posrd to enable yer rc addiction..Thats our Job. We gotta find all the goid homeless RC's homes..btw..Arrma makes a 6S mojave exb...you can even get it as a roller..

Castle mamba monster 2..1515 2200kv..

you know you want it...just a little taste...just pit the tip of that finger right there in thst lil trigger and squueeezzzze.
Old 11-26-2022, 05:17 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by suburban_hooligan
so i just took steps to get myself banned from tech. no more of this shadow banned crap iv been under the last month or so. feeling good about it. like a weight has just been lifted off me
pretty sure im the reason several threads are all jacked up on page count. all my posts and threads were deleted the power i had over at the place was incredible LMAO
That forum has its issues like all forums do. The problem I had with that place was how snobby the regulars were. It started a big poop fight anytime an “outsider” (bashers namely) made comments contrary to what the pack believed to be true. The moderators were just as screwed up as the regular crowd too. It reminded me of a high school clique. The admins seemed to not care or be completely oblivious to any reason or common sense, so I left that dump and haven’t looked back.
Old 11-26-2022, 07:10 AM
Txmustangflyer

Yeah..theres a couple of other forums like that..
Old 11-26-2022, 12:46 PM
suburban_hooligan

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
That forum has its issues like all forums do. The problem I had with that place was how snobby the regulars were. It started a big poop fight anytime an “outsider” (bashers namely) made comments contrary to what the pack believed to be true. The moderators were just as screwed up as the regular crowd too. It reminded me of a high school clique. The admins seemed to not care or be completely oblivious to any reason or common sense, so I left that dump and haven’t looked back.
im a button pusher and jokester by nature so i was constantly stirring the pot. i was having problems with users and moderators in the off topic forum. the moderation was nowhere in sight until snowflakes started tattling (that later seemed to turn into an epidemic of butthurt goodie two shoes snitching). then 2 days, a page and a half, and self moderation later a mod would show up and maybe edits might be made, and maybe punishments might be handed out, the incent would grovel and things would slow down for a week or so, then things would get back to normal again. and that cycle would repeat inconsistently and really good threads would get deleted because of it. then i started noticing if you gave anyone (mods or users) crap about it you ether got threatened with punishment or were just ignored, then i started noticing mods cracking on users and that was ok. and that's a double standard i don't tolerate. so i didn't care anymore and really started pushing buttons and they eventually they kind of shadow banned me (deleted all my posts and while i was still able to make posts they never showed up) so last night, while drinking, i realized it was a zero G environment and consequence free and decided to finish off my account with a bang. posts were made, a PM was sent LMAO so now im completely signed out and all my bookmarke's are deleted. im done. only reason i put up with it was because it's where everyone from Ultimate RC ended up after JANG shut it down (i no longer think it crashed, i think he intentionally tanked it) and this place was dead. now this place is getting use and everyone seems chill, so ill take my 24+ years of RC experience and interest in more than one brand/genre/discipline/scale and hang out over here with it.
The following users liked this post:
kistner (11-26-2022)
Old 11-26-2022, 12:54 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

im a button pusher and jokester by nature so i was constantly stirring the pot. i was having problems with users and moderators in the off topic forum. the moderation was nowhere in sight until snowflakes started tattling (that later seemed to turn into an epidemic of butthurt goodie two shoes snitching). then 2 days, a page and a half, and self moderation later a mod would show up and maybe edits might be made, and maybe punishments might be handed out, the incent would grovel and things would slow down for a week or so, then things would get back to normal again. and that cycle would repeat inconsistently and really good threads would get deleted because of it. then i started noticing if you gave anyone (mods or users) crap about it you ether got threatened with punishment or were just ignored, then i started noticing mods cracking on users and that was ok. and that's a double standard i don't tolerate. so i didn't care anymore and really started pushing buttons and they eventually they kind of shadow banned me (deleted all my posts and while i was still able to make posts they never showed up) so last night, while drinking, i realized it was a zero G environment and consequence free and decided to finish off my account with a bang. posts were made, a PM was sent LMAO so now im completely signed out and all my bookmarke's are deleted. im done. only reason i put up with it was because it's where everyone from Ultimate RC ended up after JANG shut it down (i no longer think it crashed, i think he intentionally tanked it) and this place was dead. now this place is getting use and everyone seems chill, so ill take my 24+ years of RC experience and interest in more than one brand/genre/discipline/scale and hang out over here with it.
That’s one great thing about RCU; there’s a whole lot more civility here than most forums. Not to mention there aren’t hundreds of posts about toy grade junk that everyone “mods” to the hilt for one reason or another like there is on the other big RC site.

It’s sad - most people have gone to some extent... a little crazy... and that’s only getting worse. Everyone needs to take a chill pill.
Old 11-26-2022, 01:49 PM
Txmustangflyer

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
That’s one great thing about RCU; there’s a whole lot more civility here than most forums. Not to mention there aren’t hundreds of posts about toy grade junk that everyone “mods” to the hilt for one reason or another like there is on the other big RC site.

It’s sad - most people have gone to some extent... a little crazy... and that’s only getting worse. Everyone needs to take a chill pill.
Crazy? Who crazy? I thought everybody wanted a 200 mph rc car and a 150 mp rc P51..you mean thats not true?
(feigns shock)
Old 11-26-2022, 05:09 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

I don’t really care about going 200mph, but I do want to fit a big block into my stupid Jato because I have a few spare engines laying around. I am thinking of a .28 because they’re short strokes. I have a long stroke and a couple square stroke .21s... the long stroke is a turd. Most people say I’m crazy for wanting to do a big block Jato, but I’m good with that. A little crazy is good for the soul. Too much is no bueno.

I have about 86 engines altogether. I think I need to part with a few..........

Last edited by 1QwkSport2.5r; 11-26-2022 at 05:12 PM.
Old 11-26-2022, 05:16 PM
Txmustangflyer

My cars are electric..planes IC.

Each have their place. I don't play with nitro any more. Fuel costs too much and they can get..finicky.

Plus I've seen an LOS on a nitro buggy..thing went full throttle for two blocks before it smashed into a wall in a cul de sac..that noped me right outta nitro rc cars lol.
electric..los they just kinda stop

Last edited by Txmustangflyer; 11-26-2022 at 05:19 PM.
Old 11-26-2022, 05:28 PM
suburban_hooligan

nitro fuel isn't as expensive as you think. i got a quart of 20% Morgan Sidewinder brand fuel from A Main a few months ago for a whapping $13.00
Old 11-27-2022, 04:43 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

nitro fuel isn't as expensive as you think. i got a quart of 20% Morgan Sidewinder brand fuel from A Main a few months ago for a whapping $13.00
I mix my own fuel for all of my glow engines. I have for about 8? Years. Car fuel is $20 a gallon to make 20% nitro 12% oil castor/synthetic blend. That’s my most expensive blend. FAI fuel for break-in is just under $6 a gallon to make myself. Breaking in on cheap fuel saves a lot of money when you have as many engines as I have. About a third of my engine collection are new and unrun engines. I’ve had some of my spare engines for sale for awhile, but the nitro car market is pretty soft. I think I’m gonna do a mild mod job on my SH .28 to soften the bottom end a little bit so it won’t flip the Jato end over end the moment the throttle is blipped. I had grabbed a Picco sport .21 square stroke that was supposed to be a Paris Racing modified, but it was just in a Paris box. I grabbed a Comp .21 Piston/Liner and conrod for pennies which has better timing - this was what I had slated for the Jato originally, but a .21 isn’t much of an improvement over a 3.3 if breaking 65mph is the goal.

Yep. I’m crazy. Another little Frankenstein job I want to do is fitting a Duratrax ABC replacement piston/liner for an OS .15 car engine into an OS FP .10 that will basically turn it into a super light weight .12 that I want to convert to diesel for my little Norvel 1/2a trainer.

Maybe only mildly crazy?!.