Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Michigan Parking Lot Racing WILL start.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Michigan Parking Lot Racing WILL start.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 07:13 AM
TheRailroadBull

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Michigan Parking Lot Racing WILL start.

I'm no longer in the field, but I used to do contract security work, and one of my clients at one point was the University of Michigan Specialty Care Center in Brighton, MI. During their construction phase, I was there 5-7 days a week, 16 hours a day, so needless to say, I built a good report with the upper tiers of management. Also, due to having to do regular sweeps of the building inside and out, I am aware that their parking lot has some of the smoothest pavement around.... and isn't too light, and isn't too dark, so as to make a wierd tire wear situation. It also undulates, to facilitate drainage, but a little more than most lots (which I like). Now, here is the big kicker... this facility is an all out hospital.... very large... but since it is a specialty care facility, it CLOSES ON THE WEEKENDS. So picture a MASSIVE, flawlessly paved hospital, that is COMPLETELY clear in the evenings. Boom. I have not spoken to management there, but, I have no doubt that nobody will raise hide nor hair about a few guys running some 1/10 scale cars around. They also have an even larger lot behind the hospital paved in the same way, so even if some staff does weekend work, there is SO much space. Anyways, starting very soon here, I am going to start a regular Saturday or Sunday night racing setup. Just weighted orange cones and the cars for now, and then more if things progress. I don't even care if i'm the only one who shows up.... TQ all day! The rear lot also slightly slants for its entirety, which means visibility without a drivers stand will be as good as possible. I'm telling you.... this place is a parking lot racing DREAM. I hope some folks will come out!

Last edited by TheRailroadBull; 06-07-2022 at 07:18 AM.
Old 09-03-2022, 03:00 AM
NewYorkFatSlum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I was there lol.
Old 09-04-2022, 02:43 PM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

We got ran out of a hospital parking lot a few years ago because of liability issues. No one anywhere around except the security guy that told us we couldn't run our cars there. Probably afraid we'd run into one of us and file a lawsuit against the hospital.

Last edited by Big Alice; 09-05-2022 at 01:24 PM.