Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Scale realistic road cars?

Old 06-09-2022, 10:55 AM
BorisS1990

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Scale realistic road cars?

Is there much interest in the hobby in scale accurate road cars? Replicas of popular real-life cars with detailed hard-bodies, accurately modeled suspensions(if perhaps simplified for RC, but not like typical RC race cars that just have independent suspension all around.)

Seeing the Redcat lowrider model kinda got me wanting to make a replica of my daily driver '06 Town Car. The suspension is fairly close to the real thing. just have remove all the height adjustment stuff, put some more scale wheels on it, and make a body. The suspension mods would be simple enough to just remove the servos and fabricate some simple brackets to fix the suspension at the desired height. Has the close-enough to correct rear-wheel drive with a driveshaft going into a diff. Just need to move the motor further forward closer to the engine bay and extend the driveshaft to reach.
The Redcat seems to be the only option I know of for a scale realistic chassis. Would be suitable for most older American sedans.