Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

WLToys 124019 problem

Old 11-29-2022, 08:52 AM
Kaestamos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WLToys 124019 problem

Hello,

After servicing the drive shafts with grease I went to test the car and after a few seconds the steering stopped working. The command communicates with the car, it moves normally, the trim also works, but the steering command stopped working. Do you know what the problem could be? The car is new, arrived two days ago 😭
Old 11-29-2022, 05:14 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts

ok, lets see if i understand this correctly. the steering trim knob makes the wheels move. but the steering wheel on the radio doesn't ?
forget what the tires are doing. does turning the steering wheel on the radio make the steering servo in the car do anything?
the first thing that popped into my head was maybe the servo horn is loose and the torque of steering is causing it to skip splines. this is one of those times having video of what's going on would be really beneficial.
The following users liked this post:
Kaestamos (11-30-2022)
Old 11-30-2022, 12:18 AM
Kaestamos

Originally Posted by suburban_hooligan View Post
ok, lets see if i understand this correctly. the steering trim knob makes the wheels move. but the steering wheel on the radio doesn't ?
forget what the tires are doing. does turning the steering wheel on the radio make the steering servo in the car do anything?
the first thing that popped into my head was maybe the servo horn is loose and the torque of steering is causing it to skip splines. this is one of those times having video of what's going on would be really beneficial.
Thanks. Moving the steering wheel on the radio doesn't do anything. But the car goes straight back and forth by pressing the accelerator on the remote. The trim also works and you can see the small movement in the wheels when you move it.
Old 11-30-2022, 09:51 AM
Big Alice

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Servo's probably not dead because the trim works. Receiver is linked because the car moves forward and back. A 2 day old car should work. I'd send it back where you got it and ask for a replacement car. I think it's in the transmitter but I could be wrong.
Old 11-30-2022, 11:19 AM
Kaestamos

Originally Posted by Big Alice View Post
Servo's probably not dead because the trim works. Receiver is linked because the car moves forward and back. A 2 day old car should work. I'd send it back where you got it and ask for a replacement car. I think it's in the transmitter but I could be wrong.
I appreciate the comment / help. For my doubt is where is the fault. Not tamto by the cost of parts, which is even cheap. But wanted to be sure of the cause of the breakdown, because to buy I have to ensure that solves the problem. I've already filed a complaint on the site where I bought it. Thanks
Old 11-30-2022, 04:45 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts

the "duhhh..." though occurred to me this morning, does the radio have end point adjustment knobs? if so, did the steering end point adjustment knob get turned all the way down?
The following users liked this post:
Big Alice (12-01-2022)
Old 01-09-2023, 10:48 PM
archer11

It sounds like the problem may be related to the drive shafts or the steering mechanism. Without more information about the specific car and the repairs that were done, it is difficult to say for sure what the issue could be.
However, some possibilities include:
The drive shafts were not properly lubricated or reassembled, causing them to bind or malfunction.
The steering mechanism, such as the steering rack or tie rods, may be damaged or worn.
There may be an electrical issue with the steering system, such as a problem with the steering angle sensor or the control module.
There might be a problem in the steering wheel alignment, which could have been caused by your work.
Old 01-10-2023, 04:19 PM
Big Alice

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by archer11 View Post
It sounds like the problem may be related to the drive shafts or the steering mechanism. Without more information about the specific car and the repairs that were done, it is difficult to say for sure what the issue could be.
However, some possibilities include:
The drive shafts were not properly lubricated or reassembled, causing them to bind or malfunction.
The steering mechanism, such as the steering rack or tie rods, may be damaged or worn.
There may be an electrical issue with the steering system, such as a problem with the steering angle sensor or the control module.
There might be a problem in the steering wheel alignment, which could have been caused by your work.

He's working on an rc car about 12" long, not a real car.