Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

starting rc car

Old 01-31-2004, 04:22 PM
rsxss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting rc car

hey its me again i need some help figuring out what to do about starting my car because the recoil springs keeps breaking and i cant drill start it because it is a hpi rs4 3 ss so the carnk shaft or whatever you call it faces the back so if someone could please help me it would be greatly appricated or tell me what to buy and whre and also i seem to be having a big problem geting my mixture right when it starts so if someone could help me it would be greatly appricated
]
austin
Old 01-31-2004, 05:25 PM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

Default RE: starting rc car

how far are you pulling your recoil out? The very maximum should be 12 inches.

I believe the HPI Roto-Start will fit your SS.
Old 01-31-2004, 05:38 PM
rsxss

thanx i can get it running but i will go for about 15 sec of throttle and then it will choke out and die so i dont no if i should replce the carb because i have a spare or if ineed to do sume more fine tunning thanks for who ever replies
Old 01-31-2004, 06:07 PM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

I don't think you need to replace your carb, just alittle tuning should get it running properly.

How much throttle are you giving it? Do you notice alot of smoke coming out of your pipe? Does your engine "gurgle" when you give it low to mid throttle? If any of the those were some symptoms, sounds like your low speed or high speed (don't know yet) is too rich. Just lean it in 1/8 of a turn at a time.