Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

colorado

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 05:31 PM
rsxss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default colorado

hey i was wondering about my rs4 3,
i am from louisiana where it is running about 60 degrees outside when i run but i am goin to colorado this weekend and need to know what preparations to make for cold weather and how to tune my engine if i even need too
thanx
Old 02-18-2004, 07:06 PM
Billyman
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: colorado

The only thing you will need to do is fatten it up quite a bit.

It's best to start with a setting that you know is too fat to run properly where you are now. Once you get there, you’ll have to do you fine tuning just as you did when you first tuned your car.

Keep the car indoors for storage (which you will anywayz I’m sure).

Do not take you fuel can or jug outside for any length of time then bring it inside. This creates condensation in the can/jug at an accelerated rate. The same goes for any fuel left in the cars tank after you’re done running for the day. Pour out the excess if you’re bringing it in for the night.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:52 PM
jwren00

you will need to lean it out in colorado, the elevation is atleast 5000 feet, depending where you are. When you are that high, the air is thinner, and you need more of it, therefore you need to lean your mixture to get more air. I run my rc car and my dirtbike way leaner in colorado than I do out in california at school. Just try it when you get there without adjusting, I'm sure you will notice that it runs super rich.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:16 PM
Billyman
My Feedback: (1)

I can honestly say that I did not take the elevation into account. It completely slipped my mind altogether. Ooops and thanks a bunch jwren00.

Take the elevation into account most definitely. Check to see the elevation differences from where you are to where you are going. It is possible that you’re going to a place with the same or very similar elevation that you are at now. If so, kinda go with what I said.

If you are going to new heights (so to speak), fallow jwren00’s instructions.