Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Rex, Rossi, RB Concepts related?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 01:47 PM
scottm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rex, Rossi, RB Concepts related?

Can someone please explane how Rossi, Novarossi, Rex and RB concepts are related? If they are not under one roof, they must at least be on the same street... (Hello Nitroaddict?)
thanks,
Scott
Old 02-24-2004, 02:02 PM
Nitroaddict

Default RE: Rex, Rossi, RB Concepts related?

Rex and Novarossi are the same engine with some minor differences. Think of REX as Chevy and Novarossi as GMC. There is also a version called TOP. This is also a novarossi engine. Based upon sales, and other particulars, Novarossi decides which hobby shops get which brand name. RB Concepts Engines are designed and built by RB Products which is owned by Rody Roem and his wife. They then ship the specifications out to Novarossi who builds the blocks and carbs. Final assembly is done back at RB Products. Rossi is a completely unrelated company who just so happens to have a simliar name. Trinity is the sole importer of Novarossi, Rossi, Picco, and Sirio engines from Italy to the USA. Sigma Trading is the sole importer and distributor of RB Concepts engines in the USA. I do not know who imports REX engines.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:12 PM
scottm

Thanks NA, its at least as mixed up as I thought! Since the OS engine problems you have settled on RB, right? Any news about the OS VZ fiasco? For a mid-level engine how does the OS RZ-R compare to the various Italian models?
Old 02-24-2004, 02:17 PM
Nitroaddict

I have found RB Engines to be so vastly superior to my previous OS counterparts that it is not even funny. I am particular peeved about the OS response to the VZ problem, but that has already been discussed and need not to be again. At this time - I have no new information, but feel free to post that question here in the OS Max Factory Support section, and Bax will give you the latest information. I am not familiar with the RZ-R. Do you mean the VZ-R?
Old 02-24-2004, 02:30 PM
scottm

No, the .21 rz-r(P) here

http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg2055.html

I saw it in my LHS and looked it up on the OS site. Its less than the vz line, but who knows if it has the same problems.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:43 PM
Nitroaddict

I had the RZ buggy engine, known as the RZ(VO1B) previously in one of my buggies. It was a good engine. My regular RB S7 is as faster though and cheaper. The RZ-R is no longer made and has been replaced by the VZ-R. I wouldnt recommend this engine, as OS no longer produces piston and sleeve replacement parts for it.
Old 02-24-2004, 03:02 PM
scottm

Thanks NA. What is wrong with rcnt today?
Old 02-24-2004, 03:04 PM
Nitroaddict

Dunno Scott - Went over there once this morning, and that was okay. Havnt been back all day. This site takes up most of my time. I like it here better anyways )
Old 02-24-2004, 03:37 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

FYI:

I remember reading that Ugo Rossi started Rossi motors with his brother.
But somehow the brother (forgot his name) got peeved and branched out to form the company Novarossi.
This THEORY seems to hold water since the term "Nova" pretty much means new.. so "Novarossi" is "The new Rossi"..

The big difference seems to be in the company's outlook on business.
Novarossi seems to be like Honda.. which cares about the technical details and loves Cutting edge stuff.
Rossi seems to be like Toyota, A company that enjoys coasting and taking it "easy" while using its name to muscle its way and sometimes get away with some funky products...

Yes, these are opinions. Yes, yours may be different and no, you may not flame me...

Ram
Old 02-24-2004, 03:42 PM
Nitroaddict

RAM - While I am unsure of the details - your explanation sounds right to me and makes perfect sense. You couldn't be more right regarding Rossi engine philosophy.