Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Rally

Old 03-16-2004, 07:42 PM
rsxss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rally

I want to rally my rs4 3 how might i go about doing this in a cost effeicent way. please help
Old 03-16-2004, 08:54 PM
KillerWabbit

Default RE: Rally

HPI has a topic on their forum about converting the RS4 to Rally.
[link]http://www.hpiracing.com/rcforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62289[/link]

I've been looking into possibly converting my RS4 3 SS to a RS4 MT2, just for fun. After looking at the Nitro RS4 MT 2, I'm pretty sure you could get MT2 front/rear a-arms, MT2 dogbones or universal dogbones, MT2 front/rear shock towers, MT2 long travel shocks, truck wheels/tires, and basically turn the SS into a MT2. I'd get the slipper clutch too.

That HPI forum link explains the Rally conversion, but I haven't been able to find any info about converting an on-road RS4 to RS4 MT2 stadium truck. I'd probably rather have a stadium truck than a rally RS4, just because it sits up a little higher.

I have searched and searched and haven't found much detailed info or people that have done the conversion. I'm really interested and I hope someone on here has done it and is nice enough to explain!!
Old 03-16-2004, 09:10 PM
paperclipracer
My Feedback: (3)

or buy a rally car or really ant ST tuck is a rally car. just pop on a body and some little things here and there and, bam there thier you go
Old 03-16-2004, 09:15 PM
rsxss

well if you would have read the post a little more closely than you would have seent that i want to make (keyword) my already existant car a rally car into a rally car for CHEAP (keyword) so thanx any way for lowing my I Q a little, something that i cant spare much of
Old 03-16-2004, 09:57 PM
paperclipracer
My Feedback: (3)

i read that!!! wow i was just sayong that to save you time
Old 04-06-2006, 11:58 AM
luv2race

I want to do the same to mine. I also have not found any help on this. Have you tried to convert it yet?
Old 04-06-2006, 03:19 PM
gunnut

I think with a little chassis trimming and longer shocks it could be done for cheap. You have to trim some areas on the uprights to allow them to travel down more. Longer dogbones or CVDs would probably be required too.