Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Any comments on the Sinyih line up

Old 08-07-2002, 03:55 PM
rcpilotsteve-RCU
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any comments on the Sinyih line up

A buddy of mine has the 1/8 scale Tempo gas buggy with the Force .21 Their prices are extremely low so I'm just wondering how many are out there.
Any comments?
Old 08-07-2002, 05:15 PM
Gmanlusk2004

i've seen em on ebay, but i've never seen one. honestly, they look pretty crappy. but i don't know, never seen one in action
Later,
Garrett
Old 08-07-2002, 07:45 PM
rcpilotsteve-RCU
My Feedback: (5)

I appreciate your honesty. The Tempo with the Force .21 did real good yesterday. I was very impressed !!

here's a link to their site.
http://www.symodels.com.tw/index.html
Old 08-08-2002, 06:15 AM
po'boy

this could be a real good subject for a rc universe magizine review
Old 08-08-2002, 12:26 PM
dirtman-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

It looks like their 1/10 scale truck is the same as Towers ST-15. If it is I can vouch for it, it's one tough truck! Before I bought my Losi I bought an ST-15 from Tower to see if I'd like the nitro stadium trucks. I've put 2 gallons of 20% through it and driven it hard. Very reliable, good starting 15 engine. The only weak spot that I'm aware of is the chassis brace. It turnbuckles onto the top of the diff and will snap off in an end over end and strip the spur gear shortly thereafter. ( $7.00 diff assembly). Hope this helps.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:34 PM
robsrchobbies

Default Sinyih Lineup

For those of you wondering about the Sinyih lineup please read.
Let me introduce myself. I am the owner of Robs R/C Hobbies, we have a website devoted to Sinyih and Force products. For those of you wondering about the Tower Hobbies 1/10 stadium truck, it IS made by Sinyih and is made exclusively for Tower Hobbies.
Those of you wondering about quality should not be so quick to judge a book by its cover. I must admit that the images of Sinyih vehicles, provided by the manufacturer need to be improved and they do put the cars down. They look like something straight out of Toy R Us. For those that can get around the bland cover, there carved out of the same chunk of plastic in Taiwan as the other well known name brands and use the same engine as the well known name brands. If your into R/C I'm sure you've heard of Force. "Ofna Force" Well guess what, Ofna does not make their own engines. There made by Force, the same ones which are installed on Sinyih's vehicles.
Price? Don't be so quick to judge quality by its price. Does paying twice to three times as much make something better quality? Not in my opinion. Ive made the price on Sinyihs vehicles very affordable so that everyone can afford them and at least check them out for themselves in person. From the vehicles Ive sold I have had very positive feedback as far as quality and construction are concerned. In fact Ive got a guarantee on my website that if you don't like it , send it back, you pay Zero. If I didn't think they were well built and people wouldn't like them I wouldn't offer this guarantee or be selling them. Tower Hobbies must have thought they were pretty good and decided to put there name on them.
I've personally taken one of Sinyihs Rally cars and did things to it that most people wouldn't dare do with a buggy or truck. From nose plants to end O's, I really didn't expect the Rally to stay alive. But it escaped unharmed! I thought for sure something would have broken, the only thing that happened was the servo saver screw backed out which was error on my part for not applying loctite. Ive never seen guys at the track laugh so hard at some of the stunts I was getting away with. Later that day they came up and asked who it was made by and where they could get one. Guess what, there all proud new owners of Sinyih vehicles! And I have since received positive feedback from them and a thanks for introducing them to the Sinyih product.
I hope this has been a bit informative and has enlightened some of the skeptics. If anyone has any questions or concerns at all please feel free to email me through my website at www.robs*********.com Thank you.
Rob at Rob's R/C Hobbies
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	28178_15375.jpeg
Views:	433
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	12951  
Old 09-30-2002, 01:44 AM
FlyinRazorback
My Feedback: (8)

Thanks for the info Rob. Personally, I have always been one of the "you get what you pay for" type people. Although I haven't seen one of these in person, by looking at the pics you can't tell me that the 1/8 buggy would stand a chance against the Mugens, Hyper 7's, or Storms. The monster truck looks a little weak as well. With that being said, if I were in the market for a rally car, I would probably give it a shot. Hell, you can't beat a money back gaurantee. Anyways, thanks again for the info.
Old 09-30-2002, 03:37 AM
robsrchobbies

Default Sinyih Lineup

Im not one to say if the Sinyih Super Topspeed buggy will perform like the other known name brands, I'll leave that to the pro's. Has anyone ever compared the specs of the Super Topspeed? I just looked at the 1/8 buggy shoot out from RC Nitro which has all the specs of the name brands. The Super Topspeed is right amonst the rest of them. (Super Topspeed specs can be seen at www.robs*********.com ) Although the Topspeed looks a little dated, Sinyih has come back with a new 1/8 Buggy called the AX-5 which I will be carrying shortly and have pics up on my website. Its specs are still right there with the rest of the group.
If anyone is interested, I seen someone selling a Sinyih Topspeed on Ebay (brand new) for $649.00 . He must have the high quality ones. Again, email me with any questions. I'll be more than happy to try and answer them.
Old 09-30-2002, 03:57 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by po'boy
this could be a real good subject for a rc universe magizine review
Good idea, anyone out there want to do one? or send one to us?
Old 11-21-2002, 03:05 PM
RURC

Default Sinyih Stuff

I have 2 Sinyih cars now. A Topspeed buggy and a MT-5 monster truck. First realise I have been doing this hobbie for 20 years. I really like theese cars. They are strong, fast, reliable, and reasonably priced. You will not go wrong with this set up. The photos on the web sites do not do this product justice (even Rob's site). I at this time saving up to get 2 more 1 rally and the new AX-5 buggy. I will leave reports on these when I get them.
Old 06-30-2003, 06:00 PM
Tempo

I am the proud owner of a Sinyih Tempo.
I have had it for about 5-6 yrs now and no huge problems. I found it to be very well built. I'm am now in the process of rebuilding it and Best of all..........parts are still available for it, and very affordable.
I launched it 4 feet in the air, rolled three times, and all that happened was a scuffed head on my O.S. Max engine. I picked it up brushed it off and kept racing the rest of the day. Believe me, a lot of people were scratching there heads!!!!!!!!
I highly recommend Sinyih (well...... their buggies that is)
Old 04-10-2005, 07:06 PM
orb

Default RE: Any comments on the Sinyih line up

Well fellas, I have a Sinyih RS200 Rally Car, i was sceptical at first as it was VERY reasonable on the wallet.

HOW FAST IS THIS CAR!!!! MEGA!!!

I love it, easy to drive, easy to handle and easy to get parts.

the .18 engine with a 2spd box in a 1/10 car is unreal, just pure fastness.

BUY ONE!!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Claymore5150

My current project is a Tempo 2. Looks like this thing was manufactured by Sinyih and promoted as an Ofna product way back in the day.
Here's the cool trick to this project...I bought the incomplete almost RTR missing parts, etc., from a crappy hobby dealer probably close to 12-15yrs ago and never got around to working on it. It's been sitting in a box all that time. Turns out, I have a friend with one that he used to run years ago, but it was sitting in his garage collecting dust....can you say "Donor Car"???? Oh yeah...giggity giggity giggity!

So, project Sinyih Ofna Tempo 2 is underway....the Force .21 with pull-start was still in the bag. NICE!
Body uncut, unpainted.....

I had debated on doing a diff clean/rebuild with diff oil....decided that if it runs halfway decent that I'd make that my next project on the car. My "daily driver" is a Duratrax Raze that I've had for a couple years, so it gets most of my driving and maintenance attention...it'll be interesting to see how the old-school Sinyih/Ofna does against the somewhat "newer" technology when I get it completed...Engine break-in should start tonight, I hope.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Claymore5150

Here's the general specs from the symodels web page linked in previous posts above for my project car...
Specifications:
DOUBLE DISK-BRAKE SYSTEN PROVIDES INSTANT BRAKING POWER FOR ALL WHEELS
HIGH-TRACTION QUAD-TYPE TIRES SUITABLE FOR ALL TRACK SURFACES
QUICK-FILL RACING FUEL TANK WITH REMOVABLE SCREEN FILTER
FOUR HIGH-CAPACITY OIL-FILLED SHOCK ABSORBERS
WITH .21 PULL STARTER ENGINE AND MANIFOLD
MULTI-FOLDED ALUMINIUM-ALLOY CHASSIS
WITH PLASTIC SPOILER AND LEXAN BODY
ALL BALL BEARING TRANSMISSION
QUICK-INSTALL SERVO MOUNTS
THREE DIFFERENTIALS
Old 06-15-2010, 10:49 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They were popular in Japan years ago, but it looks like the company got bought out and they are mostly selling ebay stuff. Looks like they have an EK4 clone too, haha.