Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Shock springs-please help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 03:00 PM
blackdog1117

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shock springs-please help!

I really want to put tougher shock springs on my thunder tiger ssb but i can not find anywhere to buy them. Anyone have any suggestions? Sometimes it sucks having a 1/10 nitro buggy almost no ones ever heard of. Any suggstions are appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:49 PM
The Dodge

Default RE: Shock springs-please help!

Most of the 1/10 stuff i have come across use the same diametre springs ( with the exeption of early Kyosho and some Tamiya cars)
Maybe the best bet is to take the springs off, not a hard job, and take them to the shop for the guys there to match them. If you can't get the right length you can always cut springs down. I had a 1/10 ic buggy years ago that was an obscure make, it might have been a Panda or some such and that had really small and narrow shock absorbers. If thats the case with your Thunder Tiger you might find that early Kyosho optima springs will fit, they are about two thirds the diametre of normal springs. They need to come off the original rear mounted motor, chain driven Optima, not the later Mid and ZX.

I run a Tenth Technologies Predator and they went out of business 4 years ago, is does indeed suck when you can't get spares!! [:@]

Hope some of that might of helped.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:26 PM
blackdog1117

Thanks! That helped a lot. I try some 1/8 buggy springs first and then ill try you other suggestion.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:17 PM
blackdog1117

I have been looking all over the internet for ssb spare parts. I'm beginning to think that they are practically impossible to find[:@]. I want new rims because the current ones are extremely ugly but i have no idea what size they are and i can't find any. Any one have suggstions?? I'm also looking for a two speed tans. Can anyone help?????
Old 12-09-2004, 10:04 PM
GoldenPoint

if you tell some companys they might start making it....for a fee
Old 12-10-2004, 04:51 PM
blackdog1117

Any other helpful suggestions??? I'm really stuck where to get TT parts.

Does anyone own a Thunder Tiger????? [][]If so, where do you get parts??? Help please!!
Old 01-18-2005, 04:17 PM
madmark

i have a new ssb abroke front shock tower when i bought this my lhs told me they could get parts
and i think he deals with RIPMAX an english crowd try doing a search for them and send them an email id say they might be able to help