Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

body size

Old 01-06-2005, 02:39 PM
fusion boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default body size

do anyone no if 200mm bodys are the lenght of the car or the width?
Old 01-06-2005, 04:27 PM
nitro-boy

Default RE: body size

the 200mm you are reffering to is the width of the body. if you have a nitro it will more than likely be 200 but dont quote me on that and electric are mostly 190mm but again dont quote me on that. i aint exactly sure how it is measured i think it may be from the outer edge of one tyre to the outer of the opposite.
.steven.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:35 PM
JamesJenkins

Yea most nitro's have 200mm bodies, and electric normally have 190mm, but most can take either without any problems...
Old 01-06-2005, 06:45 PM
Pinolelst

There's even a 200 mm conversion kit for the electric TC3 so you can use 200mm bodies plus get a little wider footprint.Not sure if tht's legal for racing though..converting a 190 mm car to 200 mm
Old 01-07-2005, 03:12 AM
nitro-boy

what does it look like if you put a 190mm body on a 200mm nitro car. i have been looking around for a cheap clear body to paint myself just to get the hang of it. i have found a whole load of cheap bodies but every one of them is 190mm and i dont know if this will look any good or my car. if anyone has a pic of a 190 mounted on a 200 chassis please post it as i need to start painting soon after seeing people like shell shocked and the designs he has came up with and it would be better to have a totally custom car rather than the pre painted stuff you can buy.
.steven.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:16 AM
kwong2001
My Feedback: (2)

You can mount a 190mm to a 200mm. But the wheels will stick out slightly, and if you don't mount it perfectly, it'll show. It'd be a lot easier just to get the 200mm body and be done with it.

A good rule with r/c's is "do it right the first time"
Old 01-07-2005, 03:30 AM
nitro-boy

ok thanks. the only problem is i cant find a "cheap" 190 body anywhere. the ones i have found on ebay UK are only about £8 - £10 compared to the £17 - £20 that they are in the LHS but i dont think i have found any 200mm bodies at all. most of them are pre painted and look kinda crappy. so i thought to give painting a try i might aswell go for something cheap and if painting comes naturally to me then i will go and get an expensive one to paint and make it really cool.
ps.... "do it right the first time" <---- that is a very good rule to follow
.steven.