Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

The New Traxxas Jato

Old 02-27-2005, 07:19 PM
JatoMaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The New Traxxas Jato

Well i didnt no where else to post, and i really enjoyed this forum, so i sighned up, created a name to ask, from what you know now about the revo and the jato, Considering the two prices which would be the smarter buy in your opinion from what you know now about the jato.

The Revo or The Jato?
Old 02-27-2005, 07:26 PM
HPIDUDE

how can you be a jato master if you dont even have one? and the revo and jato are two completly different kinds of vechicles
Old 02-27-2005, 07:27 PM
HPIDUDE

did you write "super contributor" in your title, because you only have one post
Old 02-27-2005, 08:54 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

lol!...yea!
Old 02-28-2005, 09:32 PM
GoldenPoint

well...i like the body and wheels
Old 03-01-2005, 11:57 PM
Tony LST05
My Feedback: (1)

Both. The Revo is a great truck and it is my feeling that the Jato will be just as fun to drive. It should really be nice for having fun at the track.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:29 AM
mittimj

to me the jato looks more like a racer. the way the a-arms are made look similar to a xxx-nt. It looks a little fragile for a bashing truck, but doesn’t seem to be race ready. So what did traxxas have in mind for the general purpose of this truck?
Old 03-03-2005, 12:07 AM
maxxattack

speed
ORIGINAL: mittimj

to me the jato looks more like a racer. the way the a-arms are made look similar to a xxx-nt. It looks a little fragile for a bashing truck, but doesn’t seem to be race ready. So what did traxxas have in mind for the general purpose of this truck?
speed
Old 03-03-2005, 02:17 PM
wolffee027

I havent posted yet in the thread but all i have to say is that there are different strokes for different fokes and some people have to remember that these things are not just raced. I happen to have a revo with about 2500bucks in it between the entire thing being aluminum /titanium supperchager from RB every mod you can have and its never seen a race track. I use my truck to mess with my buddies who have them. It all depends on what you want to do with it. Everyone says that the Jato is not race leagle to be honest i dont know what is since i dont race. BUT maybe people who just race for fun with friends like it. If its not for you no one tells you how to spend your money do they. No one told me i couldnt spend what i did on mine. If traxxas said its race ready and its not then thats a problom on traxxas part but this Revo was my first RC car and we all know what happends to your first one, YOU BASH THE HECK OUT OF IT. the first week i broke so many parts. But when you hit a mailbox post at full speed what do you expect right. Bottom line is that when fixed from my errors it started right up. Maybe its not for you or her or the guy next to you but dont bash it. Leave for the guy who wants it to buy keep your money....sorry for the long post.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:09 PM
InfinitySpeed04

hey do those superchargers from rb really work or are they a just for show with no real effect?
Old 03-03-2005, 10:24 PM
wolffee027

They work do i think you get what you paid for not really. You get a better hole shot i think and maybe a little top end. i have never had it guned. it might be top end not 100% so that should tell you somthing its not THAT noticable. it defanantly looks cool. and you here it spol up and all i had to change the exhaust to make it work to its potential. and the air filter doesnt come with it they dont tell you that. thats another like 30 bucks.. i think it made my truck run as fast as stock or a little faster 3-5mph it isnt a huge jump because i have so much in aluminum and all on the car. i added like over a pound to the car. so this kinda averaged it out, if you put the super charger on a stock revo with stock everything but the super charger i think it would be a big inporvment. hope that helps. bottom line i dont know if i would put another 200bucks into the car for that i could have made the car ALOT faster for the same 200bucks between the 180 for the charger and 30 for the filter somthing like that...

ryan
Old 03-04-2005, 10:42 AM
InfinitySpeed04

I saw the website did you put on that 50% overdrive pulley? Maybe that will help
Old 03-04-2005, 04:37 PM
wolffee027

No i only have the one that comes with it they say that is a 30% overdrive..I was unaware of the 50% but 20 more % couldnt hurt i guess i ordered one since its was only 12 bucks i will let you now how it goes

ryan
Old 03-10-2005, 07:43 PM
gasrc

I was never a T-Maxx fan, but I fell in love with the Revo. I have 2 now. Though I think they are great they do not stand up at all to the durability of my Savage....not even close. The same goes for my Rustler vs. my RC10GT. The GT is just tough. Traxxas has to do a little better with the toughness of their products. On the Revo, rod ends and shock ends will be the first to snap. The reverse gears seem to strip fairly easily, even with the stock motor. Ther rest of the truck is pretty tough, so I'm pleased with it for the most part. Even the tranny is strong. I have a Wasp .28 in one using a Qoncepts big block kit. It's assume.

As for the Jato. I don't see why everyone is hollering "you can't race it." Most local races won't care about the .15 or the 2spd. Most Jatos, like most RC10GTs, will not be raced at a track at all. I thiink it's great that they will come ready to bash, as most buyers will be bashers anyway. I think it would be nice it they had a "race" kit version that did not come with any electronics or engine. But they will never do that.

I do have some issues with the Jato already though: 1) The rod ends look like an even smaller version of the failing Revo ends. 2) Those rear drives look mighty puny. 3) They have got to stop with the plastic pipes! 4) Only time will tell, but those arms look rather anemic. 5) Looks like there's something practically housing the clutchbell. This could limit things a bit.

Things I like: 1) Shock tower design looks resilient to break 2) battery charging jack 3)central tank 4) treaded shock bodies

I love and hate the slipper. It's just like the Revo slipper. It works well, but it is very sensitive to adjustment. We are talking 1/32 turns here.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:32 PM
Unbreakable207
My Feedback: (1)

Very Nicely said, There are a LOT of ignorant brats in this forum who only car for their cars.

The Jato looks very nice, its well put together and designed and only weighs 4 ounces (with ez start) more then the team losi. (Info from RC Car Mag). Im not saying this BUT RC Car who ACTUALLY HAS a JATO had some positive things to say about the car, one person who ran the car and said it was a real performer and will be "Turning heads at the track". This is all what they said in the Mag.

Well see when it comes out. Hold your immature rants until it actually is tested, then you can talk.

-Unbreak
Old 03-20-2005, 09:11 PM
xtort

The post that started this thread was asking about the COST of the jato. He wasn't asking about peoples opinions of the jato or what people thought were better vehicles. Not one person that posted addressed this issue of cost. I am also interested in the cost of this vehicle, so if anyone has heard or has an idea about the cost of the jato please post it here.

Sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone.... I like to read reviews and opinions, it just seemed funny that everyone had an opinion but none answered the initial question about cost.

Chris
Old 03-22-2005, 08:01 PM
ID10T

I'd like to know how much this hawt beast costs also. Once this baby starts selling and I get the money, this is what I'm getting.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:11 AM
jojanjayjo

here why dont you just buy one already!!

http://hobbyoutlets.com/traxxas/5510.htm
Old 04-02-2005, 01:37 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Wonder if it will break as easy as the T-max and Revo?
Old 10-20-2007, 05:17 AM
savhopper

hi, i think the 3.3 jato rocks, ive had mine for 6 months and drove it like a nutter,rolled it, flipped it, and nothing smashed! most of it is alloy now and full metal gears, still got stock 3.3 never runs to hot always starts first time ,never let me down.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:27 AM
nothinbetr2do

here you guys go http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXNCA7**&P=0
Old 10-20-2007, 10:54 AM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread is over 2 years old. Why bring it back up?
Old 10-20-2007, 04:47 PM
ssj2

ORIGINAL: annie_himself

This thread is over 2 years old. Why bring it back up?
I was wondering the exact same thing...
Old 10-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

Me too . Maybe he didn`t realize the Jato has been out for a while now ? Hard telling .
Old 10-20-2007, 06:53 PM
DaveG55

I'm guessing it may have something to do with his name.
Maybe one beer game too many

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.