Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

newbie motor question

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2002, 10:47 PM
cool-rustler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie motor question

hi guys, looking forward to learning all about rc's, i have to rustlers pretty built up, but i always took the advice of the guy at the hobby shop!!! Would like to understand the difference between stock, modified, super modified, and the whole 9 turn versus 15 turn thing, as well as the single, double, triple, quad thing... need help from you pros out there!!! thanks.
Old 09-14-2002, 11:03 PM
John B
My Feedback: (1)

Hi, cool-rustler,
Welcome to RCU!!! errr you mistakenly posted this in the combat forum in stead of the cars forum. I'll give it a redirect and and edit this one out later.
Thanx,
john B
Old 09-15-2002, 02:44 AM
trey3670
My Feedback: (10)

hey cool rustler,wellcome to rc,the diff between motors is simple,we keep em seperated cuz we wanna keep races fair,stock motors are 27 turn,meaning they have 27 turns of wire on the armature,the thing in the middle that spins,heheh,they have great torqe,low rpm,you go lower on the winds and they get faster rpm,but lower torqe,draw more power,stick with a good stock motor,p2k is the best in humble opinion,and the gearing your truck came with youll be fast and fun,get some races under your belt,move up to 19 turn motors they are higher rpm and change gearing,not sure what would be good for rustler,but im sure someone here does,have fun!