Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Has any has try Nitro Blast anti-friction fuel additive????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Has any has try Nitro Blast anti-friction fuel additive????

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 05:50 PM
Isaac F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has any has try Nitro Blast anti-friction fuel additive????

I am not related to this company or product in any way. I friend that race R/C cars recomend me this product.
Has any of you has try it??? What you think???? http://www.nitroblast.com

How NITRO BLAST Fuel Additive Works:
Nitro BLAST is very different from all other oil additives on the market. It is an anti-friction metal treatment that actually treats the metal itself by penetrating 3-5 microns into the metal structure and making it "wet". Nitro BLAST is not a lubricant, but instead uses the existing lubricant to get to the metal and reduce friction. Friction produces pressure and heat. Nitro BLAST is attracted to that heat. The more heat and pressure produced, the faster and deeper the metal gets treated. When used as directed, Nitro BLAST can reduce friction by up to 75%. Nitro BLAST does not coat the engine with resin or bonded film like it's competition. It is a synthetic chemical and contains no petroleum distillates. There is no Teflon, PTFE, plastic, graphite, or moly. There is no buildup on the metal surfaces and no change of tolerances. Nitro BLAST has a very high flash point (1500 degrees F) that keeps it from evaporating at normal temperatures. Competing products with low flash points (350 degrees F) tend to "burn up" and cannot perform as well. This is why you only have to add 1 oz. of Nitro BLAST each gallon of your favorite fuel.
Part # 10001 MSRP $7.95

ADVANTAGES: Easier Starts, More Power, Better Economy, Smoother Operation, Dry Start Protection, Cooler Operating Temperatures, Less Down Time, Longer Engine Life, Reduced Maintenance, Lower Emissions and Smoke, Less Oil residue, Lower idle, Improved Throttle Response
Old 09-25-2002, 07:28 PM
gubbs3
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard about this stuff. There was a big rush when it first came out and a ton of posts on message boards just like your's. I would rather just add a little castor than adding $8 to the price per gallon.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:17 AM
Nitro Blast
My Feedback: (2)

Maybe so,
but castor cant do what Nitro Blast does for your performance!

Check out RCU's review!
Old 04-29-2003, 01:58 AM
hpiguy

Just like Slick 50, ProLube and all those other hokey additives.

All proven to be "snake oil" sooner or later.

I love how it's always some super secret ingredient. Even though the EPA and the FDA demands that consumers be told EXACTLY what chemicals are used if it is to be used in contact with humans. So exactly what chemicals are used? Not the quantities or mixture amounts (which your patent, if you have one, would not make you release), just the exact chemicals? Bet they don't even know or won't tell and use some lame "patent" garbage about it.

If all this stuff was really so good they would be adding it to gas, oil and R/C fuels at the factories that make them. But they aren't. And it isn't because of cost either. If it really worked, people would pay for the extra protection.

How does it know only to etch 3 or 5 microns into the metal? How does it know what kind of metal it's on and how does it know not to etch farther into soft metals like brass, copper and aluminum? How does it know not to disintegrte metal even though it "penetrates" it?

How? How? How?

Never met a chemical that reacted the same way on all metals, alloys and oils.............. and knew when to do which.

Smart molecules that can think for themselves.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:39 PM
flyoz
My Feedback: (7)

I have no connection with the manufacturer, only a customer.
Maybe it does sound like snake oil and I cant attest to How it works, it just does.

I have been using it for ages and it does what is claimed.
I recently tried to run an old TT36 Heli engine and it ran hot as hell no matter the needle settings. it sagged badly as it heated up (yes the mix was a bit low on synth oil content at 18%). I had some fuel left in the heli tank so as a lark I added about as much again of a new mix (22%) WITH Nitro blast.
Soon as I ran the engine it was instantly and noticebly much smoother, heated up far less and took double the time to sag.
Next trip to the field I will use the new mix with the nitroblast exclusively.

By the way Nitro blast works well with all my engines 40-120 size, 2 and 4 strokes. Only down side was i had accidently mixed twice the recommended amount (an oldtimers moment) and the only outcome was 1 old OSLA46 didnt run well at all all my other engines ran fine . Back to the normal mix of NitroBlast and the OS46LA hums like a sewing machine.

As for Castor Nitroblast does NOT leave a lacqured coating over the engine insides like castor. It is clean !

Run an engine with normal fuel. Then try some nitroblast in the mix You will notice the difference.

Last edited by flyoz; 05-02-2014 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone not related to the company makes a thread and posts their whole advertisement. Then someone with the name of the company posts in that thread. Nothing hokey here.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:29 AM
flyoz

oh ye cynics; posts from Panama, San Diego and Australia Im pretty sure we arent related
Old 05-03-2014, 11:00 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flyoz
oh ye cynics; posts from Panama, San Diego and Australia Im pretty sure we arent related
Well issue with going by location is you can set whatever location you want in your account settings.
I could for instance put I'm from Swaziland so it really don't mean much. I remember we had a guy once ask for recomendations he had some state in the US selected for his, and was wondering why we were recommending US sites, and then he said he was in the UK.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:56 PM
flyoz

Simple really, Dont use the stuff who cares?
I am just relating my personal experience for people that may be interested.