Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Big Bag!

Old 07-24-2005, 09:08 PM
Crazy Canuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Bag!

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a bag that could fit a 1/10th scale MT and some tools. Or possibly even two MT's in the same bag. I'm getting tired of having to carry everything seperately and need something that will keep the vehicles and some extras in one bag. Anyone make these or does anybody have any other suggestions?

Cheers
[8D]

It would be great if it could fit all three of my vehicles...Savage, Revo and MP777, at once.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:29 PM
fdriscoll

Default RE: Big Bag!

I use a hockey bag. [link]http://www.modells.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1786342&cp=&keywords=hockey+bag&searchId=10420169847&clickid=topnav_search_img&parentPage=search[/link]
Old 07-25-2005, 04:41 PM
Mad Wax

Any big enough for a FG Leopard?
Old 07-25-2005, 07:20 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crazy,
Trinity and a few other companies make bags large enough for 1/10th scale monster trucks--I use a Trinity bag for my T-Maxx. I also own a Trinity buggy bag too. However, I haven't seen one large enough for all the RCs you listed all at once. Myself, I wouldn't want to have to try and carry them all or lift them into an automobile, especially since the wheels on the large (or XXL bag whichever it is) don't roll that well. I also use a large carpenter's box with wheels and a handle to haul my RC stuff--the Canopy setup already has wheels.

Mad Wax,
A garden cart (or basically a wagon with rails) is about the only thing I've seen large enough to haul around a large scale RC. At least that is what many of the 1/4 scale guys here use when hauling the 1/4 scales from the 1/5 wheel trailer/buses to the track itself. Myself, I don't use anything to haul my 1/4 scale or my 1/5 scale around other than my full-size SUV.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Crazy Canuck

Thanks Tigger! I'm gonna get both Trinity bags, you're right about carrying them all in the same bag, could definitely be a PITA.
Cheers!!
Old 07-25-2005, 08:05 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Before you purchase the buggy bag, I would make sure you check the zipper first and if you purchase it at a LHS, persuade them to allow you to put it together and try it out first (it's just the bottom box for the buggy itself). Although I have four different types of Trinity carry bags, the buggy bag seems to have the worse type of zipper set up. In my opinion, it should be heavier. I also wouldn't carry a starter box and battery in the buggy bag just to cut back on the overall weight. Another alternative may be a parachute bag. It is larger than a duffel bag and has a zipper down the center. Perhaps, I should dig mine out and toss all those old clothes that don't fit anymore.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:15 PM
Crazy Canuck

Thanks for the info on the zipper. I don't know if my LHS can get them in or not or even how long it would take (he's kinda slow on the "getting stuff ordered" aspect of the store). Worse comes to worse, I bring it to a seamstress and have them sew a heavy duty zipper in.

Cheers!
Old 07-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

If your LHS orders through Hobbico/Great Planes, they should be able to get them in. If not, you can always order one yourself through Hobbico/Great Planes online store--Tower Hobbies. Here is the link to the Trinity bags:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...ag&FVPROFIL=++

The Trinity Monster Hauler Bag XXL looks similar to what I use for my T-Maxx and the same size, but I don't see the wheels on it in the photo. I also purchased mine prior to the release of the Trinity Maxx Plus Hauler Bag. The Trinity Transporter Bag I use to transport my mbX5 in looks the same--I didn't want the Kimwald version. In addition, I have the Cargo Bag and the Mini Hauler.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:28 PM
Crazy Canuck

The Trinity Maxx Plus Hauler Bag looks like it's the one for me. Gives me the option to carry the Revo or Savage. I'm gonna talk to my LHS tomorrow see what they can do. If I order through Tower it's gonna cost me like $170 Canadian (express shipping and I'm ordering 2, one for my MT's and one for the Kyosho) so hopefully it'll be a little easier on the pocket book if he can get them in for me...cross my fingers...last thing he ordered for me, like a month ago, just came today. Thanks for the links to the bags, very helpful!

Cheers[8D]