Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

new losi truck

Old 10-25-2002, 07:46 PM
stadium-truck1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new losi truck

hey im new to nitro rc and i just bought a team losi stadium truck (used) but it has a brand new OS .12 CV engine how should i break this engine in and is this a good engine also about how fast will this truck go? thanks for all of your help

tyler
Old 10-26-2002, 03:16 AM
ModestCargo

Default new losi truck

If the engine hasn't seen a drop of fuel yet, yes you should break it in. As for speed, I couldn't tell you.
Old 10-27-2002, 01:19 PM
slodsm
My Feedback: (1)

Default new losi truck

Idle two tanks through at about 200 to 210 degrees. Lean it out a little on the high end, about an 1/8 and run it for another tank and then repeat one more leaning, run it again. Try to do this on dirt or pavement by the way, grass is hard on them when you are breakng them on cause they run hotter. Run through about 6 tanks gently and then start tuning for speed. set the high end first till it runs clean up top at no more than about 245 to 250, then set your low end so it will not bog when you gas it after about 5 seconds of idling. And top speed on one will be right around 38 to 40 mph hour in perfect tune. Its a good truck man, you will like it.
Old 10-27-2002, 10:20 PM
stadium-truck1

Default new losi truck

thanks but hey do you know of any way i can make this car go faster without changeing the engine also is that engine any good? thank you for all of your help

tyler
Old 11-04-2002, 06:20 AM
steak_420

Default new losi truck

I have a buddy with that same car, with a .12 cv-r, his tops out right around 40-45, find a clutch bell with more teeth, that'll help out your top end a little. Tmax headers about $20 on o.s. engines really kick butt too, maybe look into that.
Old 11-04-2002, 07:55 AM
Whoison2nd

Default new losi truck

You can't use a T-Maxx header on the losi xxx-nt stadium truck but the best header to get is an Associated one they make them in Non-pull start or pull start version so get one for which engine you have on it.. Trinity makes the Rear Header for it if you are running a rear exhaust engine..

Clay
Old 11-04-2002, 11:39 AM
stadium-truck1

Default new losi truck

thanks guys im going to the hobby shop today
Old 11-04-2002, 05:54 PM
steak_420

Default new losi truck

You're right, i forgot losi mounts their engines sideways...