Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC10GT Speed

Old 10-26-2002, 02:41 AM
RC10blur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC10GT Speed

I have a RC10gt plus rtr and i am searching for speed. I added a 18tooth clutch bell and i looked for a bigger size but couldnt find one. I was wondering what other things i could put on it other than aero dynamics and electronics. I have added a duratrax maxium bx spoiler, proline speed hawgs in the rear and blade tires in the front. I am open to almost any thing right now i just want more speed! I was also wondering if it were possible to put a 2 speed tranny on it that would fit and what would it be. I am thinking about putting a mip stinger rear exhaust because it is so long and i was told the longer it is the more top end power it would have. Please help! If any of you have bought a traxxas vechile and tryied it in the gt let me know how it worked and if any one knows about the clutch bell being bigger.
Old 11-02-2002, 03:22 PM
da king
My Feedback: (5)

Default RC10GT Speed

well first off the shorter the pipe the more top end you have. the stock pipe is all you need. its one of the best on the market. robison sells clutch bell up to 23 tooth i think. the shorter tires you put on are killing your top end. just remember the gt is a off road truck and not a sedan. top end on a truck is only like 40mph. that is real fast in a truck. no they dont make a 2speed for the truck. you wouldnt be able to handle it any way. the suspention cant handle high speed. you can go with a nova-rossi motor and do wheelies all day long and have a top end of about 40 to 45 mph. you can also run 30% nitro to get more power. but the motor that comes with the truck isnt that fast. it runs good but a little slow. good luck
Old 11-04-2002, 12:18 PM
Bonefrost
My Feedback: (6)

Default RC10GT Speed

My AE motor is pretty fast.At least as fast as my OS12CV and definefly faster then my Kyosho 15cr.
BNZ'