Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

hi all

Old 09-02-2005, 06:54 PM
theelcaminokid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hi all

hi all, im norb
i have three t maxx's, and i just bought a compagnucci car off of ebay. and thats all i got was the car nothing else (i knew that) but i need to know what to do now the guy said it needed a one way bearing. i dont know where it at on this thing , i dont know how to even start it! i guess i need an owners manual or something......any one have one they wouild like to get rid of? let me know or give me some pointers.....thanks!
Old 09-03-2005, 02:34 AM
Crusty

Default RE: hi all

did you buy it on e-bay?, its not gas fueled
Old 09-03-2005, 11:48 AM
theelcaminokid

yeah i bought it on ebay, and it runs on a oil fuel mix
Old 09-03-2005, 09:07 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Does the manufacture have a web site? They might have a manual you can down load. I know HPI has them on their web site that can be down loaded for their products. Can you post a picture?
Old 09-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Crusty

One-way bearing maintenance for Traxxas EZ-Start and pullstarter

If proper maintenance is not performed on the one-way bearing located in the starter system, a couple of problems can occur. The bearing can become gummed up with caster oil, and other lubricants from the unburned model fuel that makes its way through the starter shaft bearing and into the one-way bearing. This will cause the one-way bearing to slip on the starter shaft keeping the engine from turning over. It is also possible for the bearing to lack sufficient lubrication between itself and the starter shaft causing the bearing to over heat and lock-up onto the shaft. The maintenance steps below will help insure troublefree operation.

Remove the one-way bearing

TRXPro15 TRX2.5R

STEP 1: Note that on some models, the rubber exhaust pipe will require removal in order to gain access to the EZ-Start mechanism. You'll need to remove the engine from the Revo, Nitro Vee, and all nitro Maxx truck models in order to access the EZ-Start. Remove the EZ-Start by loosening the three 3x8mm round head machine screws that thread into the engine back plate. Next, remove the one-way bearing, but first take note at the way the bearing is installed. The text located on one side of the bearing must face the engine case when installed onto the starter shaft.

Clean the one-way bearing & starter shaft

STEP 2: Clean the engine's starter shaft with a rag. Make sure to remove all of the oil deposits from the shaft and the EZ-Start back plate. Check to make sure that the starter shaft is smooth (like the one in the photo). If there are any scratches or grooves in the shaft, it should be replaced, or damaged can occur to the one-way bearing as well.

STEP 3: Thoroughly clean the one-way bearing with denatured alcohol, or an electric motor designed for electric RC model cars. Set the one-way bearing on a paper towel and let it dry before reinstalling it on the starter shaft.

Lube & reinstall one-way bearing

Step 4: Lubricate the roller clutch with a few drops of Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil, or Marvel Mystery oil, and place it onto the starter shaft. You may now reattach the EZ-Start mechanism.

Note: The one-way bearing MUST be installed with the text (shown in picture) facing the engine case for proper performance. Once installed onto the starter shaft, the bearing should spin freely counter-clockwise, and engage the shaft when turned clockwise.

If after cleaning and relubing the one-way bearing, it still does not engage the starter shaft, then the starter shaft and/or one-way bearing will need to be replaced.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:07 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Has any one used the one way grease they make just for these bearings. I hever have had a problem with the one way bearings in my pull starters.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:52 PM
theelcaminokid

here are a few pics, and i need to know some stuff too, like if you can see on the fuel tank that there are two nipples i know the one i have hooked to the carb is right but what is the other one for? i was lookin around for a place to hook it to the exuast like on a nitro but couldnt find any and im thinkin that is where you fill the takn since there really is no other way that little button you see is a primer but it doesnt work. im also haveing problems with getting the brakes to work properly it seems like the throttle line is stopping it from appling the brakes all the way. well like i said i know all there is to know about about nitro motors and t maxxs but this is a whole new ball game for me, i just wish i knew someone who has these and is willing to help get me rollin.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Mepete

im also haveing problems with getting the brakes to work properly it seems like the throttle line is stopping it from appling the brakes all the way.
what exactly do you mean by that? does it stall when you hit the brakes?
Old 03-18-2006, 04:01 AM
robster94gt

camino kid,

Did you ever get the car rolling?

Rob