Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Runing in engines

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 05:46 AM
nd_s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Runing in engines

I have just built up my savage 4.6 and need to run in the engine.
Can somebody please advise me on the best way to run it in, I am also concerned if i need to put in after run oil in the engine.

Old 10-31-2005, 06:11 AM
Ryan11

Default RE: Runing in engines

well to run in an engine, run it rich and leave it burbling on till it runs out of fuel. Then let it cool and do it again another 3 or so times. As for after run oil, yea use it but its not necasary. Well thats what i think and what ive herd lol, just wait till an expert says somthing

Ryan.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Crazy Canuck

Check this out, it is IMO the only way to break in an engine...do a search on engine break in and you'll see most would agree.
http://www.rbmods.net/enginetempering.php

Cheers
Old 11-01-2005, 10:02 PM
J_D

read ur manual..
Old 11-01-2005, 10:36 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

read your manual, if you need advice, i recommend to run it 2 to 2 1/2 turns out HSN(high speed needle) the needle that the fuel line connects to, and 1 1/2 turns out on the LSN(low speed needle) thats the needle that you would see where the throttle linkage hooks up the the carb. run it that way for about 3-5 tanks just to be sure to break it on properly, dont hammer on the throttle, after you do that then just mess with the settings till you get what you want, after run oil is nessecary if you arent going to run the truck for a week or so, so if you run say today, and your going to run it tomorrow, then you dont need after run oil, but if your going to run it in like a week or two then yes you need after run oil, i usually put about 5 dropps of oil into the glow plug hole, and 4 drops into the carb hole, thats where the air filter is, just take it off and put some oil in there, have the throttle open all the way, then spin the engine over a couple of times using the recoil starter,so the oil gets all around the engine, then next time you run i recommend to take your glow plug out and flip the truck over and pull the recoil starter to get the oil out, it starts easier if you do so, good luck!
Old 11-02-2005, 06:15 AM
Ryan11

God! after reading that website, who the hell can be arsed to run it it for 2-3mins and then letting it cool before starting it again. Running a tank idling and then running a tank on low revs will do me

Ryan.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:04 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ryan_rammstien

God! after reading that website, who the hell can be arsed to run it it for 2-3mins and then letting it cool before starting it again. Running a tank idling and then running a tank on low revs will do me

Ryan.
Some people are more disciplined and patient than others
Old 11-02-2005, 08:38 AM
J_D

oooooh fiesty
Old 11-02-2005, 10:29 AM
scale only 4 me

Hey???
I resemble that remark
Old 11-02-2005, 05:35 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

hell i hate breaking it in, i want it to be that you buy an engine thats new that has been broken in to stock measures, so if you run your engine its it breaks, you have some garuntee on money back cuz of manufacters default, plus you wont have to sit there and gr.....all the time when a kid zooms by but u running on idle
Old 11-02-2005, 08:17 PM
scale only 4 me

Don't hold your breath