Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Need Help!!!!!

Old 12-10-2005, 10:35 PM
RLMHPI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help!!!!!

Hello everybody I am having some troubles with my rs4 that I can't figure out I was just wondering if somebody could help. Here is the issue I have an nrs4 rtr belt driven with an O.S .18cvr in it. With the batteries fully charged and the engine not running if I work the throttle servo back and forth I have smooth opertion full throttle great idle and excellent brakes. As soon as I start the engine it idles perfect and is good for abour quarter throttle once I go beyond that or full throttle the servo seems to get stuck wot and it just goes nutts till I can contain it. I have ran it on a bench and watched the servo it seems to get stuck open but only when the engine is running NEVER when it is off. I was thinking maybe the servo return is weak when there is air being rushed through the carb making it dufficult to close. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:25 PM
nitro_redneck

Default RE: Need Help!!!!!

i would put this question on the on road section. not many ppl come here and there are far more ppl on the on road forum
Old 12-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Bucur

Default RE: Need Help!!!!!

Don’t worry about the air that passes through the carb. Just like any metal to metal friction, an operative nitro engine is also a source of radio glitch. However, even if RTR radios are not the best electronics, they should at least operate together with the engine they are supposed to control. Is the servo properly isolated from vibration? If so, you can look for any metal to metal friction that is triggered or augmented by vibration; like the brake linkage that passes through the brake lever (bent wire) or any other metal to metal contact that is more active under vibration.