Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Saran wrapped reciver

Old 02-13-2006, 09:24 AM
ElToroLoco.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saran wrapped reciver

it work if i wrapped my nitro car's reviever with saran wrap to protect it from fuel and dirt
Old 02-13-2006, 10:01 AM
DaveG55

Default RE: Saran wrapped reciver

It won't hurt anything just don't expect it to be waterproof because it won't be.
But to keep dust, dirt, oil, splashes, etc off it will help but you'll want to change it pretty often.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:16 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

put it inside a balloon with the wires sticking out the hole and tie wrap the hole tight with the wires. Wouldnt help if you drove into a lake but it makes it splashproof.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:39 PM
smokingcrater

balloons work great, just make sure to change the balloon occassionally. fuel residue/exhaust attacks the latex and it makes an ugly sticky mess that is hard to clean up. the coloring in the balloon ends up working like a fairly good dye on your hands also. (hint, if you can find any unlubricated polyurathane condoms, they won't be attacked by the fuel and do not have any dyes to run. of course you have to deal with driving around with a condom hanging on your vehicle...)
Old 02-14-2006, 07:42 PM
cooleo_cool

If you really want to seal up your receiver use some non-conductive epoxy. I did that in my boat and it has worked great! Balloons are ok, but they can sometimes get moisture built up in them which could end up killing your receiver. If one applies the non-conductive epoxy just right then it will fit back into the receiver case too giving it a stock look. The only think I am unsure of is whether or not the epoxy will be fuel proof.

-Tom
Old 02-14-2006, 10:14 PM
ElToroLoco.

lol i dont think i really want a condom on my car haha
Old 02-15-2006, 01:10 AM
redfox03

ROFLMAO!!!

ORIGINAL: smokingcrater

balloons work great, just make sure to change the balloon occassionally. fuel residue/exhaust attacks the latex and it makes an ugly sticky mess that is hard to clean up. the coloring in the balloon ends up working like a fairly good dye on your hands also. (hint, if you can find any unlubricated polyurathane condoms, they won't be attacked by the fuel and do not have any dyes to run. of course you have to deal with driving around with a condom hanging on your vehicle...)