Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

CEN Trucks///?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Dominic616

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN Trucks///?

Hi; I noticed how CEN makes some pretty affordable MT's... I am wondering if they are of good quality and their "ease of use" if you will. I want to get my friend into nitro off-road and I am curious if CEN makes good trucks. I have a few nitro's, but the CEN line seems to be quite affordable for my friends budget. If anyone opposes CEN; could you reccomend me a better off-roader? Also, how about IRC's conquistador or RED CAT racing's 10 scale truck? Thanks
Old 03-08-2006, 05:45 PM
E-maxxer

Default RE: CEN Trucks///?

Cens mt is pretty good but its low on upgrades. If your friend is not into hopping up I would suggest getting a traxxas sportsmaxx
Old 03-09-2006, 04:26 AM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

I love my Nemesis.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:19 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

I am assuming you are talking about the MT2 and Magnum. I have had an MT2 for a few years now and it is a great truck. Waaaaaay better than my maxx and it was far cheaper. But it did need a few minor upgrades, bigger fuel tank, better radio, etc... The Magnum NX has all of the upgrades that the MT2 needed so It is a pretty nice truck. And it really does the advertised 45MPH right out of the box. I think thses trucks are great and they outhandle most out there. The stock tires are very heavy though, but if you replace them with some masher 2000s or something, you can shave of a lot of weight and put less stress on the drivetrain.

Old 03-09-2006, 09:33 PM
Gear Box Models

The CEN MT2 / Magnum NX (replacement of MT2) are really the best bang for the buck performance truck in the market. ITs faster than revo, eaisier to work on than savage and solid performance. We have several CEN cars in store and customer own, all of them are really solid. The drawback is there isnt as much bling-bling available as others.

Dont bother with IRC or Red Cat. Do a search and you will see, its pretty bad
Old 03-09-2006, 10:18 PM
RC30GTR

The CEN trucks are high qualifty stuff. I have Genesis and Matrix, both car are nicely build and reliable. Excellent performance good. I wont recommend it to the beginners though. Try the CEN Magnum NX or MT2 as a 1st truck. Its a really nice truck for the price.

IRC and Red cat.. I seem the car, not impressed.. look very similar to smartech.. thats not a good sign