Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

hilarious story

Old 03-14-2006, 06:10 PM
nitro_redneck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hilarious story

ok i was driving my rc on a main road(a.k.a. racing the 1:1 cars) and i didnt notice but there was a cop doing radar to catch the speeders.
not knowing this, as a car would go by i would give wot and try to beat cars going 50mph on a 30mph road so my car basicly goes around 50mph and there was one car going down the road pretty slow so i tried to stay in front of it when all i see is flashing red and blue lights. the car was actually going 30 but i think the radar picked up my car and thought it was the 1:1 car so it pulled it over
Old 03-14-2006, 06:29 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: hilarious story

HAHAHAHHAA, sucks for him, you could get a law suit for that can't you?
Old 03-14-2006, 06:30 PM
Midget

hahahhahh that is funny as!!!!
did the guy that was going like 30mph have a little chat with you,
or dident he see your car?
Old 03-14-2006, 07:48 PM
nitro_redneck

the cop saw me but i didnt want to have him yell at me so as soon as i saw the lights i got on my longboard and i drove my car and myself as fast as i could to my house

i dont think the guy in the car saw me so there wout be a lawsuit
Old 03-14-2006, 11:51 PM
cheeseclip

i race down my street against the 1/1 cars, but i only sometimes actually go on the road. normally on the footpath. all the drivers look funny when they are getting overtaken by a rc car!
wouldnt want someone to try to hit our rcs tho
Old 03-15-2006, 11:01 AM
nitro_redneck

yea i wait unitl only one car is on the road and i wait then turn right behind it and overtake it in the other lane or on the yellow lines
Old 03-15-2006, 11:45 AM
bobcat7811

I just wait until they pass me then run behind them. I dont get in front of them because I dont want my baby to turn into a 2 dimensional object. I also would not want to distract the driver and have them get into an accident. There alot of kids in the neighborhood including my own so I dont want to be the cause for one of them being hit or run over. I still have fun running behind them and having to lift to keep from driving under them. Neighbors get a hoot out of watching me also.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:14 PM
medford

man i would be mad if dat wasme driving, but the is fricking halourous. i need to try dat wit my jato.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Access

LOL sounds a bit dangerous for your cars though, I always pull mine off the road at the first sign of any full-scale cars approaching since I don't want them to get run over or anything like that.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:31 PM
Philster

Haha...on my residential street, I was going up one way and a car was coming the other. My wife yelled to tell me to watch, but I could see the driver noticed my car. I stayed on my side and he stayed on his. I blew past him at around 40mph.

Haven't hit any moving objects....yet.

I'm basically a big kid when I'm just on my street, and people don't mind. Even my neighbor who is uptight doesn't freak out when he is driving.

Old 03-15-2006, 03:14 PM
redfox03

and i thought i was the only one that chased cars down his block. i wait for one car to come down, then take off behind it, follow for half a block, then have m'boy come back to me. the looks on the neighbors faces is priceless. [X(]
Old 03-15-2006, 07:43 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

I thought my manual says do not play on the streets, but I guess my manual cant stop me. Yup, I probably have chased anything that moves on the street, from kids, biker, skater, runners, joggers, motorcyles, cars, cats, dogs, birds, rabbits, goffers. (I live beside a park)

luckily I have not injured anybody or any animals, and have not met anybody that got mad. Only had 1 accident when I was chasing a car at night with my RC truck with bright LED head lights. The driver hit the brakes and my car went under, good thing it was only body damage.

Actually make that 2 accidents if you would count breaking off my neighbor's sprinkler.

Its always fun to chase something, but as a reminder - please use caution. These things can cause serious injuries and property damages.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:13 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

My friend almost slammed into this guy on this 1970's scooter thing with his t-maxx doing about 30. That would've hurt the car and the dude. I just chase the cars going by and i've gone under a jacked up jeep before.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:19 PM
Medrivfast

When i had my Jato with an OS 18 TM and Dirt Hawg tires (excellant grip on road) i would drag race real cars from the start. And i would destroy them too....

Then i got bored of my Jato and i sold it.

Now i just got a TC 4 and i'm going to make that really fast...
Old 03-16-2006, 02:35 AM
jkulhanek

LOL this reminds me of a time when i was chasing 1:1 cars, and my throttle servo died. My car went squealing WOT straight under the back of a car, came out the front and launched itself off a roundabout right infront of the car. It cleared the roundabout and instantly backflipped and began to do donuts on the road before it gained traction and launched itself into the kerb. No damage was done, but god I was horrorfied!