Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

still need help choosing what stuff to buy

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

still need help choosing what stuff to buy

Old 03-16-2006, 02:57 AM
darkcorbin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default still need help choosing what stuff to buy

Hello everyone i have a problem, I'm new to rc and i will be buying a savage x truck soon but i dont know what i need to get with it.
I went to TowerHobbies and they give you a list of accessories you will need. Other then that i want to know what else i should get like extra glow plug, tools, temp. gauge, fail safe, I don't want to have to order stuff later i want to be set for a while.

please help
Old 03-16-2006, 03:23 AM
-Inverted-

Default RE: still need help choosing what stuff to buy

Umm.... this thread was pretty unnessecary...[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4035908/tm.htm]this was already discussed here[/link] you dont have to make two threads, it wont get your question answered faster. Try asking in the monster truck forum.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:01 AM
shredder111

Heres the list Dark Corbin, if you need any more help give me a P.M. These are items from Tower Hobbies.

HPI Safety Engine Stop

Dubro Nitro Line 2'

O.S. A5 Glow Plug

Duratrax Gold Racing Glow Plug

Venom Smart Temp Fail Safe

Peak Performance Blitz 1400mah 1/8 Hump RX Pack

O.S. AA Slim Glow Starter

Ofna Flywheel Wrench

Duratrax engine tuning tool

Duratrax Clutch Shoe Tool

Golden Horizons Fuel Filter Blue

Duratrax Kwik Pit 500cc Fuel Bottle

Duratrax Pit Tech Tire Glue

Duratrax Pit Tech Thread Locker

Tamiya 7.2v Connector Set 59181

Trinity shock oil (weight is your choice, I choose 30)

HPI Air Cleaner Foam Element Set (might want to get an extra elbow too incase stock breaks)

Fuel 20% nitro Trinity

The total should be around 170- 200$

Some of these you can get more than one so you have spares and this is absolutely everything you need to get running and have some spare tools/ stuff to work with. Good help is hard to find sometimes and I understand your repost and frustration I feel the same way lots of times. If you are going to be bashing a lot I would suggest to get some shock shafts and shock body parts incase you blow some open. Hits from a 11 pounder can be hard

Good Luck and let me know if you need anything else, Shredder111[>:]
Old 03-16-2006, 07:03 AM
shredder111

P.S. About the total$ It really depends how many times you get certain items and the amount of fuel. It could possibly be 20 bucks less depending on the stuff you pick.

Shredder111[>:]