Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Can Someone help me out plzz.(what motor should i get and speed controller to go as fast i can go

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Can Someone help me out plzz.(what motor should i get and speed controller to go as fast i can go

Old 05-14-2006, 07:11 AM
TT-01Drifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can Someone help me out plzz.(what motor should i get and speed controller to go as fast i can go

does anyone know whats the quickest engine out there, and what speed controller i should get for an affordable price, also i looked at a navak enginge and it comes with a gtb speed controller but it doesnt say what turn limit its got, and whats the max turn limit on the speed controller, and also when they say turn limit does that mean how fast the thing on the engine turns? plzzz help need to know what to get??????
Old 05-14-2006, 09:25 AM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

Default RE: Can Someone help me out plzz.(what motor should i get and speed controller to go as fast i can go

First they are motors , not engines . What is your price range as "affordable" ? ESC turn limit is exactly what is says , a 15 turn limit ESC can only run down to a 15 turn motor and etc. The motor and GTB ESC you are refering to is a brushless package . Brushless motors are not classified in turns like brushed motors . Brushless can be more expensive at first , but are less maintenance and more efficient .
So first , we need to find your spending limit before anyone can help you decide . Second , are you just playing around or do you plan to race ? Third , don`t worry about the fastest motor available . A fast motor can do more harm depending on the car , driver ,and track.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:50 AM
zaphod42
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Can Someone help me out plzz.(what motor should i get and speed controller to go as fast i can go

The GTB package you looked at is probably the brushless system. The lower the number on the system (they are available in 6.5, 5.5, and 4.5 series) the lower turn brushed motor it approximates so the faster it is. If you can afford it brushless is definitely the way to go (far less maintenance than brushed motors - especially low turn motors). The GTB ESC has no turn limit for brushed motors and will also handle the current for any of their brushless motors.

I assume from your name that you are modding a TT-01 for drifting (seems pretty obvious but things aren't always what they seem). While it may seem you want the fastest motor available if you are running drift tires you will never get all of that power to the ground anyway so I would suggest the 6.5 system or maybe even an 8.5 system. That will keep your current draw down and extend your battery runtime with still far more power than the motor that came with your setup. If you ever plan on racing you will probably want to go with the 4.5 or the 5.5 but otherwise they are probably overkill. I don't know about there but in the US their is a $20 step up from the 8.5 to the 6.5 system. The 5.5 is the same cost as they 6.5 but the 4.5 is another $10 up from there. Even the [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGDP6&P=7]super stock brushless system [/link] may be enough (if there are any other drifters out there please weigh in on that). If that will do what you want that system is available $65 cheaper than the 5.5 / 6.5 system and you will still have that brushless maintenance ease.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:13 PM
-Inverted-

I hope you've got a THICK wallet if you would call the fastest motor affordable. A nice sensorless brushless motor will cost more then the entire GTB package.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:34 AM
TT-01Drifter

im loking to spend about $400 au tops, but i just wanna go around 80km/h or above what do i need to do that???
casue the gt tuned motor is 25t and i got the tamiya tuned sport engine i think its about 13t. so im looking to do that speed and i got foam tires as well, so i wana go race and drift, but mainly go fast and take turns fast.?
Old 10-20-2006, 01:02 PM
skomager

www.rcmodels.dk look GV Models 1/10
Old 10-20-2006, 04:04 PM
rcxboy

*** advertising.

Just get a novak 3.5 or mamba.....

and the motor doesnt do crap to do with turning. You tool, how can you go fast, drift, and go fast around corners, all based on motor? You'll need to upgrade your car first...
Old 10-20-2006, 08:05 PM
hands without shadows

Lol, go fast around corners and drift, kinda of an oxymoron unles your going to drift through the corners fast.