Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

discharging AA batteries

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 09:46 PM
vic2367
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default discharging AA batteries

hi all..ive been trying to charge my aa rechargeable battery for my radio but my charger says voltage too high ,,,charger reading is 5.9 volts....im trying too discharge them as when they are in my radio my alarm keeps on beeping telling me that the batts are low,,,these are the venom 2400mahs ....i tried discharging them on my charger but after about 10 sec my discharging stops with a reading of 4 mahs discharged,,,but my batteries still wont charge as my voltage is still too high ...anyone know how i can correct this ? any other method? my chargers are the ice and the hobbico elite...both chargers say the same thing ....thanks
Old 09-09-2006, 01:28 PM
nitro-slug

Default RE: discharging AA batteries

this may sound a little silly but why not just leave your radio gear on over night to help discarge them a bit
Old 09-09-2006, 02:55 PM
AJ DRAGON

Hi

Nitro-slug is right, just let the batteries discharge in your radio, that's what I do.

This is the charger that I use for all of my radio equipment.
[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXL331&P=7]Hobbico R/C Multi-Charger[/link]
Old 09-10-2006, 11:38 AM
vic2367
My Feedback: (-1)

thats what i was doing,,,is kinda silly,,,just wanted too discharge the batteries faster than overnite,,,,thanks everyone...
Old 09-11-2006, 06:07 PM
dbow
My Feedback: (1)

Sounds like you might have the settings on your charger set incorectly. If the voltage reads 5.9 volts then that would come out to be around .07 volts or so per cell for 8 cells. They are discharged for sure, I never go below .09 per cell by the way.

Make sure your cell count is set correctly in the setup on your chargers.
If that is not the problem then you may want to check the voltage on each cell to make sure they are all close to the same voltage. Does not sound like a battery problem itself to me, sounds like you might have some configuration off on your charger.

Are you using a save profile on the charger?

Dbow

Old 09-11-2006, 06:25 PM
nickd

also for NImH you dont have to dischage the cells, especcially radio batteries I wouldent worry about I just pop em on the charger.
Nick