Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Stolen rc10gt

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 08:33 AM
383chevelle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen rc10gt

Well my friends team associated rc10gt was stolen out of my garage some time yesterday.
Blue chassis and engine head. Picco engine and mud terrain type tire(odd looking on an rc 10), no body or transimitter.
I know this will about a 1 in a million chance but if anyone happens to stumble across a listing for one that matches this description can you please let me know?
It is in Lubbock, Tx

Thanks
Billy
Old 09-19-2006, 09:05 AM
bigbadbowtie

Default RE: Stolen rc10gt

I would keep your eye on the local pawn shops as well as any local RC shops.
I would even go as far as to stop in the shops and talk with them .

I would also keep an eye on ebay,RCCA,Rctech,Rc411,ect ect...
Old 09-19-2006, 11:55 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you had nicked an rc where would you try to sell it? Then go to all those places and tell them about what happened - maybe even a few photos would help (cheezy, but hey). If someone comes in and tries to flog it to them they'll most likely hold onto it for you.

As bigbad said, keep an eye on the forums and ebay. You never know it may just turn up. Tell the seller you would be willing to pay good money (obviously don't say it's yours!) for it if you could just see it in the "flesh". Then go round with some friends and ask nicely* for it back.

*He'll probably just hand it over if you threaten to inform the police. I'm not condoning violence, however much some people may deserve it...

Good luck.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:30 PM
383chevelle

Yea I have informed both the local hobby shops and the police get a list of everything that pawn shops take in. I was going to start looking at the pawn shops but the officer said they have to hold them for 90 days. I have a feeling that it was one of the kids that lives on the street across the alley from me. I just can't go around accusing kids though. Was some one that didn't know anything about rc stuff because there was a transmitter sitting on top of my truck which was right beside the one they took and the truck needs a starter box, so they can't even play with it. I am hoping that they will get bored with it a dump it some where close by. Never know.

Thanks for the ideas
Old 09-19-2006, 09:37 PM
pauls2ndblessng

Sorry to here bro,
Good luck finding it, keep eye on ebay.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:18 PM
WalawalaStore

Shame on this bad Axx PxxxK!!! Stealing people's favourite RC cars.[:@][:@][:@]

Don't worry, there is an old Chinese saying: "everyone has a piece of sky on top of their heads, he can hide from people but not from god." He will pay for what he did sooner or later!!!!!!!!!!

Shoot, this happened to me once a long time ago and my car's window was broken also. [:@]Dxxx these little thieves.[:@]

Joaquim
Old 09-20-2006, 09:00 PM
hands without shadows

The only good time when people see rc as toys is when there stealing from you.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:53 PM
-whitey-

do they live with theyre parents if so go too theyre door and ask the parents if theyre kid recently got a new r/c car if they say yes or they say they dont know ask them to check and explain hopefully they cooperate.make sure that its the parents cause the kid will just lie if he did do it.