Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Old worn out TC foam tires?

Old 09-24-2006, 09:10 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old worn out TC foam tires?

What do the racers do with the old worn out foam tires and wheels? Typically what is the diameter of them when they are trashed?

I'm interested in nitro ones or electric ones that may be 2.5" tall. I don't race, but would think that perhaps there are boxes and boxes of various compounds and/or off-sets that are either cracked, cracked wheel, worn real bad, too small?

This is not a "wanted add" , at least not yet.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:14 PM
guver

Default RE: Old worn out TC foam tires?

Here's a few related questions, I think I see that nitros use a 30 mm wide and electric use a 26-28 mm?

For bashing around asphalt/concrete parking lots what shore would recommend for a heavy car?

What is difference between a front and rear? thay have same specs.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:50 AM
Rs43EVOman

Really you shouldnt be using foams on bashing, stick with rubber tires that are cheepr and last longer. Foams are made for racing.
the rears are a little bit wider then the fronts.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:51 AM
guver

I'm seeing 30mm wide for the rears and then in the 26mm I am seeing fronts & rears, but cannot see any difference in them.

In the 26mm catagory what is the difference between front and rear? even the offset looks same.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:10 PM
silent_echo

30mm are for the rear 26mm are for the front. as for shore, bashing i would go 40 or 45 because you want them to last long, you want a little softer tire in the rear so when you buy them buy one set of front and two of rear. also, racers have the tires all at different diameters depending on what works with their perticular setup, they use tire lathes, which cut down the tire to the size they want, typically they use them for that one race then jsut use them as practice or bashing tires. you know how the shore rating for foam tires works right? if not ill explain it to you'

hope that helps and goodluck
Old 09-26-2006, 02:51 AM
guver

Yes, I got the shore figured out pretty well, the 26 mm rears and fronts I still do not get the difference between the two. I will probably do as you say and use a 30 in the back and 26 in front, but how is a 26 mm rear different from a front?

I appreciate all the info, is there a typical maximum diameter used or is it all over the place? I would like a 64 mm.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:49 PM
silent_echo

30mm are used in the rear for more traction and 26 mm in the fornt only because on most cars 30mm in the front dont fir, they rub part of the chassis so on, becaue they turn, the rears can be bigger because they have nothing to hit in most cases. i doubt your car will fit 30mm on the front so get a set of 26 mm for the front, and then 30 mm for the rear, itll give you more traction on the take off that extra 4mm of tire. and also dont forget to pick up 2 pairs or rear tires as i said in my last post
Old 09-27-2006, 02:04 AM
guver

I'm not getting my question across clearly, this may help. What's the difference between these two?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMWW9&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMWX4&P=0

That's all I was trying to get to know.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:01 PM
guver

Update. I bought these exact two tires and the onlt difference I see is there's a hard line around the middle of the tread of the front tires and that same hard line is offset towards the outside of the rears. They are same shore, offset, wheels, ect.

What could this line be for? the foams are the same hardness on both sides of the lines. Its almost as if the tread is divided in half on the fronts and divided unequally on the rears.

I really expected it to be offset, but they are identical, anyways I used 30 on the rears and using the 26's in the fronts. Seems cool for now. It's no wonder no one knew. [&:]