Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Anyway to reduce noise?

Old 10-17-2006, 08:33 PM
boltech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyway to reduce noise?

A kid down the road from me has a savage with a K4.6 in it. Unless my windows were wide open I would not know he was out there he would have to practically have it in my driveway before I would notice. Mind you my house is only two years old, but even when he is in front of my property with it the noise is minimal at best.

As for the baby thing that is pure unadulterated crap. I have a two year old now and a smart parent would acclimate the baby to some noise while they sleep "i.e. a radio, with soft music" so they won't stir at the slightest sound, thus you don't have to tip toe around the house. Some parents would contest this, but I just have to ask them about the bags under their eyes and how filthy their carpet is. I now have a daughter that sleeps like a stone thru most noises.

As for the guy the respect has to start with him. Some people want the community to be run their way or no way. No ball playing, no RC's, no kids, no anything at anytime. I have no compassion for people like that. They should learn that they live in a community and it's a give and take. If they don't want kids around then they should live in a condo or move to the country. Not in a "FAMILY" home on a "FAMILY" street.

Selfish would be wanting to run your RC anyday or anytime, not offering to respect the noise laws and time of day.

ORIGINAL: J_D

those are some pretty selfish things to say. and threating to rob them is not going to get u anywhere either.

you should respect ur neighbors, how do u know that someone up the road doesnt have a new born baby trying to sleep.

take ur RC to an oval, or open carpark, its not that hard.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:34 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Well, there are such things as exhuast silencers for 2 stroke quads and bikes. Same thing should be able to be applied to nitro engines, although it does cause a small drop in performance.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:44 PM
AznBash3r

it's not that hard to run it somewhere else, sheesh. i know better than to run my nitro in front of my house. even though no one complains (except maybe my next door neighbor, but he only gave me the look) i still don't run it unless i'm testing the car out. be respectful. you don't have to run your rc every single damn time... nitros should actually be used in big parking lots away from houses. Yes, people go up to it and say its cool and everything, but just because one person says its cool doesn't mean everyone else respects it. It's not that hard, just go somewhere else. I'm actually ticked off on how you say that it's not your fault hes calling the cops. be respectful...
Old 10-17-2006, 09:07 PM
-whitey-

its for five minutes! besides he uses a leafblower lawnmower and weedwacker he uses them longer than i drive my truck and its just as loud . the cops said that its ok just not to early and not to late at night . and i know all the neighbors on my street infact they sometimes come watch and one neighbor who was an older person said it was good that i have a hobby like this . whatever some people just dont get it.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:14 PM
boltech

Big Parking lots don't always work. Many guys on here do that and try to run in empty mall or school parking lots only to be chased away by security. sometimes it's better to run on your street than in a high school parking lot where many homes have backyards facing the lot. people tend to be more ticked when they are disturbed while relaxing in their back yards.

How come he does not call the cops when people mow their lawns or use gas powered pressure washers to wash their cars?

Do you really have to pack up and go far away to tune or adjust your engine? comon now...

ORIGINAL: AznBash3r

it's not that hard to run it somewhere else, sheesh. i know better than to run my nitro in front of my house. even though no one complains (except maybe my next door neighbor, but he only gave me the look) i still don't run it unless i'm testing the car out. be respectful. you don't have to run your rc every single damn time... nitros should actually be used in big parking lots away from houses. Yes, people go up to it and say its cool and everything, but just because one person says its cool doesn't mean everyone else respects it. It's not that hard, just go somewhere else. I'm actually ticked off on how you say that it's not your fault hes calling the cops. be respectful...
Old 10-17-2006, 10:27 PM
AznBash3r

no i don't pack up, i go to the park or something which is walking distance. all i can say is LAZY. drop the screwdriver and start walkin some. I'm just being considerate of the neighbors. who cares if i cant go to the park to run it, it can wait another day. id rather have 1 big bash session with friends than have 3 small ones by yourself where you get chased down the block by senior citizens...
Old 10-17-2006, 11:12 PM
boltech

Don’t be immature... lazy has nothing to do with it... you can get chased by seniors in a park the same way you get chased in a street.
Who says you can't have a big bash on the street... You had to pick all the weakest scenarios

if you didn't notice, I'm not talking about just RC's in general but the fact the guy thinks he owns the entire block.
he would most likely be the same guy who will call the cops when you have a backyard BBQ or when you are playing hockey in the street. It has already been stated he doesn't like people playing in the street either. how can you support something like that???
where is HIS respect for his neighbours?

Maybe when you get a neighbour like that you will see my point. You paid for your property just like he did, but you can't play ball in your own driveway or in the street, have a decent BBQ, or enjoy your property because it annoys him.. well be unlazy and walk to your park then. you will probably have the cops show up there too because someone there thinks it's too noisy or an endagerment to the children playing nearby. where does it end. where is the COMMUNITY?
Old 10-18-2006, 04:25 PM
-whitey-

ORIGINAL: AznBash3r

. I'm actually ticked off on how you say that it's not your fault hes calling the cops. be respectful...
actualy a while ago my freind had a pocket bike that was sooo loud that it could be heard easily even if he was 3 blocks away and u are in ur house and it only went 15mph lol and i used to pull him in the winter with a little 50cc honda kiddy dirt bike (the same engine and tranny thats in a scooter)on toobogan up and down the street at 30 mph he weighs like 200 hundred pounds anywhay the guy tolds us to get a new hobby and we did . also he only calls the cops when my dads not there what a wimp.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:27 AM
carmatic1

noise noise... brap brap braaap braap braap braaaaaaaap!! zing zing zing.... thats what a 2 stroke sounds like...

well if you are willing to make a small muffler and put it on, what might happen is you sacrifice abit of performance for a huge noise drop, its something different to try with your car, its cool if it works plus you'll stop getting too much attention...