Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

buggy or monster truck???

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 10:17 PM
naynay12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buggy or monster truck???

Hi,i am either going t0 but the vh-x5 1;10 scale buggy or a good .18 monster truck.i have a paddock that is all dirt and dead grass with a few old bmx jumps.what do you thing ill have more fun with,nitro buggy,or monster truck.thanks
Old 12-08-2006, 10:17 PM
Nathan9492

Default RE: buggy or monster truck???

monster truck.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:20 PM
rc_flyer428

monster truck all the way, (hint:tmaxx:hint)
Old 12-08-2006, 10:23 PM
naynay12

kk why you guys say that monster trucks are better???
Old 12-08-2006, 11:12 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

"Better" is a very, very subjective word. You need to be more specific on what your definition of "better" is. If you're planning on any hard bashing and jumping, then I'd recommend the Savage X, because its Twin Vertical Plate chassis makes it almost indestructable. The only things you will need to make a Savage X run good is a reciever battery, a high torque metal gear steering servo, and a failsafe. If you are planning on any sort of racing, or driving at a track, then the Savage is out of the question since it handles like a brick on the track. For a track, I'd recommend the T-Maxx 2.5, 2.5R, or 3.3, or the Revo 2.5R or 3.3. I espeically like the Revo since it has rocker suspension rather than conventional triangle suspension. The Revos from what I understand are fairly durable stock, but the T-Maxx is like a truck made of glass. This I experienced first hand. One of my friends and I jumped an all stock Savage 25 and an all stock T-Maxx 2.5 from his three story house, and we both landed nose first, just as planned. The Savage had a crack in the front bumper, and a scratched up skid plate, while the front of the T-Maxx was unrecognizable.

Sorry, I misread your question...

I agree that monster trucks are better for bashing because they have oversized tires and longer suspension than most 1/8th scale buggies. Also, monster trucks are more designed toward the basher, while 1/8th buggies are bread for the racetrack. Monster trucks can go just about anywhere with their oversized offroad tires and full time four wheel drive, while buggies have low CGs and low stances to keep them stable on the track. Buggies also have center differentials, so once one wheel leaves the ground, then the torque sent to all the wheels will equal the torque of the wheel that is easiest to turn, so you're stuck. Monster trucks, on the other hand, typically have no center differential, so the front and rear driveshafts are forced to spin at the same speed. This is good in the fact that since there are only diffs going side to side and not front to back, the only way to get stuck is if both left or right wheels or opposite corner wheels get stuck. The bad is that they suck at turning onroad or on dry packed road surfaces. If you're on gravel or something forgiving most of the time, you won't notice a thing.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:39 AM
savage_x_basher

i agree with ibrakefornobody,tho if you want a buggy and a mt you could get a truggy or just lower a mt and put a wing and smaller tires and have 2 set ups.i have 2 set ups but ones for dirt(raised to 5 inch cg lol) and then street.